Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
almudhaf
My Device: Blackberry z10 - OS 10

Caller ID Issue Blackberry Z10

Dear all,

I was lucky enough to be in London on meetings the day the Z10 was launched! Overall it's been a good experience, but there is a very annoying issue. I finally managed to import my contacts list from the 9900, and now the numbers just don't show up when I get a call.

I have all my numbers (close to 4000) saved with the international code due to the frequent travelling that I endure, when a local call comes thru, from a contact saved on the phone, I notice that the format it comes in does not have the international dialling codes, and hence, no name. The same does not happen when I get a call from abroad, the number format comes in with the country code and the name does show, it leads to think that the issue is on how my operator deals with local calls and how the phone does not associate them to the contact name that its associated to, which did not occurred on the 9900 with the same operator.
Is there a work around available? BlackBerry World does not work in Angola so I cannot check if there's an app for that. I have tried with the inbuilt smart dialling, putting the exact number of digits without the international code, which is already recognised on the drop down country list.

As you can imagine I cannot manually change 4000 contacts, I would welcome suggestions. Is anyone encountering the same problem?
Thanks!

New Contributor
ali_alaskari
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Caller ID Issue Blackberry Z10

I feel you me friend :smileysad:

I do face the same issue, I have input everything in the smart dialling and with no luck, I have tweeted @Blackberryhelp and still no response from them, this is a big issue for me also and this is the reason I visited the forim to check for solution !!

New Contributor
ali_alaskari

I have done searching and it appears that we also have to go to setting/security/encryption and we have to include the contacts and set it to NO which I'm not able to find encyption :s

New Contributor
almudhaf

Yeah I tried that too but the issue I believe with the country code. I see the name of the contact if the contact is saved without the country code.
Contributor
ahmed_mh1
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi all;

I do have the same problem with my BlackBerry Z10, I have posted on another forum in BlackBerry support forum that I did face the same issue before with my previous iPhone when I upgraded its software from iOS 4 to iOS 5. It was the same exact problem which was not solved till Apple released the upgrade to iOS 5.1 at that time which had fixed this issue.

The only temporary workaround that I did at that time to solve this issue with my iPhone till Apple fix it by itself (or through the operator) is to save all my contact numbers twice, one with the International code, and the other without the international code, both under the same contact name.

There are 2 problems with this action, the first one which is the major headache accompanied with this action  if you have to that manually for every contact, as it is very boring and time consuming, especially when you have a huge contact list, unless you find an app that can help you to do so with a click of a button.

The second one, is that this action will double the size of your contacts till they fix this issue from the software or the operator side, after which you will have to delete the duplicate numbers again to restore your contacts size, which is again a headache, boring and time consuming.

As I was and still currently in Kuwait, I was lucky to find that someone has developed such app on Apple AppStore at that time for Kuwaiti numbers, which allowed me to duplicate all my Kuwaiti contact numbers twice (one with international code, and the other without, under the same contact name). That solved the problem to me till Apple fixed this issue in its upgrade release of iOS 5.1 at that time. The paid version of this app allows to delete the duplicate numbers again if you want to restore your contact size list to its original size.

Hence, the only temporary solution that I can see now for this issue with contact numbers is to do the same with your contacts on blackberry Z10. If you didn't find an app for that and you have to do it manually. You can at least do it with the contacts that you are most frequently in touch with.

For me, since I'm still holding my iPhone along with my new Blackberry Z10, and I'm linking my contacts on both devices with Microsoft Exchange using activesync, I had reinstalled the same app which I stated above from Apple Appstore, run it on all my contact list (which duplicated my Kuwaiti contact numbers as I said earlier), and hence, the same effect had immediatly reflected on my contacts on BlackBerry Z10 through the activesync, and now I'm able to see all my contact names when I receive any call for them. But as I said earlier, this is a temporary solution that I figured out for me, which might not be suitable for everyone else.

We hope that BlackBerry officials are listening to us, as we need a quick solution to everyone for this issue on the operating software level of the BlackBerry Z10.

Regards; 

New Contributor
iwamas
My Device: z10

same issue here...  all my contacts are saved with international prefix +######### format so that when i travel i can make calls without any problems...  but caller ID doesn't seem to work with that format...

need a fix or gonna have to go back to iphone

New Contributor
ali_alaskari

I live in the Middle East to be specific (Bahrain) I have taken my Z10 on 3rd Feb, the issue that I and all the units sold in Bahrain are having this issue:

I have loaded my contacts in the Z10, all of the contacts are with country code (the country code for bahrain is +973) when I'm receiving a call for example from my wife let us say her loacl number is 12345678 which I have stored it in my phone book as +97312345678 the contact name will not show up, the number 12345678, when I remove the country code (+973) from the contact in the phone book and ask her to call me bacck to check her name is showing up.

it is not just the local calls, even the calls thay I got from KSA & UAE and I have their contacts stored in my phone book their names did not show up.

The following fixes I have tried:

1- I have gone in to the setting of the smart dialling and input the coutry code as (+973) and set the national number length to (8). (which is the correctv setting as per Blackberry)

2- I have autolad the OS again but still did not work out.

3- I have wiped my phone totaly and tried syncing the contacts through my gmail account and wiped again and tried syncing the contacts through Blackberry link from my old 9900 and wiped it again and just tried creating a one contact without syncing anything without luck

4- I have change the language setting (Region) to Bahrain instead of UK.

5- I have contacted Blackberry Help desk which they have done some testing with me which one of them the tests was he provided me with his personal number (UK number with country code +44) and ask me to store it in my phone book and he will call me to check if the name will show or not, I have stored his contact in my phone book and set a name for him and he callled me and surprisingly the name came up they have asked me to send them the log file through the help application which I did and told me will update within 24 hours. they have replied me next day on my email with the below:

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

We escalated the case and we engaged also your PSAM Account Manager.
We will provide you an update as soon as possible.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Other Details:

Model: Blackberry Z10
Model Number: STL100-1
Software Release: No information available (This is exactly what it is written)
OS Version: 10.9.2372

from my observation and basically what I have figured it out that they have an issue with the 3 digits country codes cause like I mentioned earlier I have stored one of Blackberry support mobile number (UK Number) which their country code started with 2 digits only (+44) and his name show up.

I hope that they can fix it ASAP cause I cannot handle the calls like this.

Contributor
ahmed_mh1
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Ali

Thanks for the update. As I I was saying, it is an OS issue that needs to be fixed from BlackBerry side, as what I faced with Apple in my iPhone before.

Hope they will fix it soon.

Regards;

New Contributor
almudhaf

I am downloading the OS upgrade 10.0.10.82 lets hope this fixes the caller id issue.

New Contributor
ali_alaskari

The new softwsre do fix it, I have it installed and all the name contacts are showing up now, you just need to make sure that you use in your nubers tge + not the 00