Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
akhanbilal
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-1
My Carrier: Zain

Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone # on BB Z10)

on the Z10 Whenever I receive an incoming call, the caller ID only shows the phone #, even when I have that number matched to a contact in the phone, even the call log it show the number and not the name.  How do I get the caller ID to recognize and display the appropriate contact name with the phone fro an incoming call?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, Akhanbilal

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone # on BB Z10)

Not sure how the area code rules apply in your area. When you call from your cell to a contact that has their name, does it show you their name when calling out and the call log also has their name. Go into the phone application, swipe down from the top and cehck your smart dialing features for country code, area code and National number length.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akhanbilal

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone # on BB Z10)

arsen, thanks for the response. i have set up my country code, tried all setting with National Number Length digits but still only numbers appear without caller ID. anyother suggestions pls?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Abe2556
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Glo Nigeria

I have the same problem too.
Please use plain text.
nathanpillay
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Nashua Mobile (Vodacom)

I am also experiencing the same problem...please help! This is VERY frustrating...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

When someone calls you, can you add it to your Contact list right from the incoming log..(Click on number, little slider pops on the right, select add to contact). Go in and put a dummy name and see when you call out if it shows the persons name and number. Also have that person call you back and see if it picks it up.  It is possible that the area code rules have to match whats setup on your z10.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akhanbilal

@Arsen, tried that too but still does not work, no name is displayed on incoming call......any other suggestions pls.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you have the country codes in the contacts phone number?  Please see if KB33685 applies.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ollietee
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: mtn

i have exactly the same problem. I noticed this only happens with numbers saved with a prefix or country code. for example contact stored as +44 7966 663668 will not show name of contact on incoming call from 07966 663668 (same numbr but without the country code). Does any one have a solution?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ollietee
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: mtn

This is a known issue with the software currently.  Please see KB33685

Please use plain text.