05-02-2013 03:21 AM
I have the same problem, I checked the encryption is off and in smart diling option (is not avilable for tihs country)
05-22-2013 02:54 PM - edited 05-22-2013 02:55 PM
I also have the same problem. All I can see is the incoming phone number, it will not associate/display with the contact. Received calls, sent calls, in all instances.
Can someone tell us if this will be fixed along with the known International prefix bug?
This is a HUGE oversight, it basically makes the entire "phone" part of the "smart phone" very frustrating.
07-03-2013 06:36 AM - edited 07-03-2013 06:44 AM
Thank you Arsen but, as with everyone else :
(1) When you get an in-coming call, it has no call log on the phone app call log that allows you do a thing under the sun except to touch the number of the last call, and when you do, it CALLS THEM BACK.
(2) On every other BlackBerry I have owned, about 10 to-date, I simply selected the last in-coming call and had a button at the bottom of the screen to allow me to ADD TO CONTACTS.
(3) This does NOT exist on the Z10, and there certainly is no "Click on number, little slider pops on the right, select add to contact." Instead it dials them. Frustrating other uses have described Arsen.
Further, while on the topic :
(4) None of this has anything to do with 10-digit national dialing plan or anything else on swipe finger down from top in Phone App, Arsen.
(5) When you swipe Phone App down, you see SETTINGS. Then, there are 13 items. I have looked at all 13 items and see nothing as you describe to select, nor any instructions on what to set the SMART DIALING to when there are 3 area codes local for my city and country code shows +1.
Further, while on topic here :
(6) Visual Voice Mail has been turned-on and whatever visual voice mail is, never supported on any previous BlackBerry including my 9780 before this, I have it with T-Mobile and have it turned on on the BlackBerry Z10 and it too does not work.
On the positive side, I do have a work-around for BlackBerry Z10 to 2013 Toyota entune.
(7) I first took a vm msg .wav file of just hello (blank will not send) and saved it on BlackBerry Z10. The Toyota entune is LOOKING for a music and will LOCK-UP if none are found. By giving it this, it worked on my 2013 Toyota entune for the 1st time ever. Yeah ! It is a little frustrating every few minutes listening to myself say HELLO. But, hey no one really notices it with all the other stuff going on NAVIGATION, radio, cell phone calls, and all the computerized alerts on 2013 Toyota even without entune.
(8) What I did now was to go into Navigation and remove SYNC with MUSIC. I accomplished that after pairing to Z10 to 2013 Toyota, by CANCELLING ALL CONNECTIONS leaving only the pairing itself. Then, you must choose some connections in the pairing section of SET-UP within Navigation itself. If you cannot even get to that point, try depressing on the Navigation Screen, INTERNET at which point it will allow you access to SET-UP when you see the message NO ENTUNE APP FOUND ON YOUR BlackBerry Z10. Red-headed step-child is what we all are. Have to help each other. Arsen I appeciate you helping all of us. Seems the list is about 20 who have voiced it here in this one thread. We voice it for the 200 million BlackBerry users worldwide, all left out in the cold despite a pretty cool Z10 product. Far better than iPhone 5. I chose phone and internet. Internet comes back no BLACKBERRY Z10 TOYOTA ENTUNE APP. But, at least now I don't have to hear the music HELLO and do not also have the BlackBerry Z10 LOCKED-UP with pop up message you have to say OK to 10 million times to clear and never can actually do a thing on the BlackBerry Z10 as a result.
Cannot add an in-coming call to Contacts Z10.
Cannot see name and number calling me, just the bloody number, no clue who is calling ridiculous.
Cannot do diddle-e-squat on BlackBerry Z10 on Toyota entune. No App. Horrendous.
TAGS : Z10 no caller-id name, Z10 no app Toyota 2013 entune, Z10 add call to Contacts
07-15-2013 08:56 AM
This is mainly because when you move contacts from your previous device, they are saved under the "work" category, if you move or change the category to "mobile", the contacts will display. I haven't found a way to do it automatically .
This means you have to do this manually for all your contacts. I hope blackberry are gonna come up with a solution soon. Apparently this issue was not experienced on the older blackberries.
07-20-2013 02:57 AM - edited 07-20-2013 03:21 AM
You are right on every other BlackBerry I have owned 6 of over the last 15 years, contacts were VERY EASILY ADDED to my contacts. It recognized a CONTACT as a CONTACT, not as a work contact or a non-work contact. How silly. I need to contact someone, and I know whom it is I need to contact. Who cares if it is a work contact or a non-work contact. In 2013, indeed what is a non-work contact in these Networking Times nowadays 2013 ?
In 15 years, I have thousands of contacts on my BlackBerry Z10. They all moved over from the BlackBerry Bold 9780 many months ago. Since, I have wasted untold hours trying to find contacts, add contacts, while the Z10 ignores the fact that it already has a Contact with that very e-mail address or telephone number.
Totally unabashed ridiculousness.
I studied all the manuals on the Z10 before I ever touched the device.
I spent untold days studying every nuance of every word in every manual I could get my hands on and every review of the device I paid $ 700 for with the accessories and memory chips. In the old days T-Mobile would sell me the latest BlackBerry device for $ 99 and have me sign-up for another 2 years when I date back to PowerTel when Clark Howard Atlanta AM750 told me to. Now, I have to pay MORE per month, and HAVE TO PAY $ 700 for the device which by the way, at&t is selling for $ 99 now.
at&t BlackBerry Z10 today $ 99.
I got a credit on my T-Mobile account because I am after all right.
They have their policies and I have the ability to walk.
They either want my $ 33,600 I have paid to T-Mobile since they bought-out PowerTel in 1999, or as I say, I walk.
I like T-Mobile.
I rate them 4-Star on a 5-Star scale. Actually maybe almost 4.5 Stars.
It works and their customer service is 1st-Class.
It is a serious PAIN on BlackBerry Z10 to add a contact, and frankly to find one too. I know I have a contact. I know how for 15 years I searched for it.
Now, it is totally different.
AND, NOT FOR THE BETTER !
Obviously, I chose to make ALL my contacts under 1 umbrella on the Z10. How utterly ridiculous that anyone would decide purposely, otherwise.
I see phone numbers from my clients ALL THE TIME ALL DAY EVERY DAY as just a stupid phone number.
The Z10 knows NOTHING.
It has no concept if I call from my home phone which shows the caller-id of every number dialing it if it sends out a caller-id name and number, and sends out name and number.
It reads my home number.
If a customer calls, they start right in on me. I am supposed to have in July 2013 CALLER-ID DELUXE NAME AND NUMBER.
On every other BlackBerry for 15 years' now, I simply clicked on the last in-coming call, and up popped an option to ADD TO CONTACTS.
How do I add the last in-coming call to Contacts on Z10 ?
Well, that answer is NOT touch the number. Because if you touch the number, it dials them right back. Pitiful. You have to touch last in-coming call phone number and HOLD IT, and then you see a add to contact by pressing : in the right hand bottom corner.
HINT HINT HINT.
How many of us have been wanting to know how to add the last number to your contact list like you did for 15 years' prior on BlackBerry devices ?
08-28-2013 04:37 AM
I have experienced the same problem for quit a long time now. Searched everyhwere and collected informations. The solution to this problem is to set the smart call digits to 10. After you do that restart your divice and everything will work fine.
08-28-2013 09:28 AM
Blackberry support say tha the solution is not a solution!!!!!! see below reply
untill now i have used z10 only for email!!! like second phone beocuse i cannot trust it for real work.
it 's an underdevelopent software and device!!!! i cannot pay and the a beta tester and then wait month for solutions.
i had all the blackberry of the last 5 years and always the same and basic problems!!!!!!
i want real solutions.
why cannot work?
i had no smart dialing menu!!!!
i cannot find the country code menu
so cannot have country code saved on local numbers.....
still have battery issue!!!!! if blackberry is a working phone why i need recharge it every 3 hours !!!!!
no solution also on this and many other problems.
again and again if bb still have basic problems like this for sure lose always market shares!!!!!
waitign for a solution!!!!!
This is a known issue with the software currently. Please see KB33685!!!!!!
08-28-2013 09:40 AM
The URL Link you provide takes us all to WebPage reply from BlackBerry dated :
"Last Modified: 02-19-2013"
I guess that begs the question has nothing really been accomplished at all in this beyond 6 months now ?
February reported by BlackBerry as ISSUE with no timeframe upon themselves to fix.
September starts this coming Sunday