Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Caller ID slow

If I was you, I would ensure I backup all my pictures and music from the device if they are not already on your SD card and I would reload the OS on the device.It sounds like something isn't quite right with your device; maybe you had previously sideloaded some Android apps.

To reload the OS after you have backed up your personal files, you should:

Step 1: Turn your device OFF and ensure it is NOT plugged into the computer. Make sure BlackBerry Link is NOT running.

Step 2: Go to this site:

www.BlackBerry.com/updates

Step 3: Click on Check For Updates. It might prompt you to install something, say yes. It will then show a screen looking for your device PIN.

Step 4: While your device is still OFF, plug it in using the USB cable. Once it's plugged in, turn the device ON.

Step 5: As soon as you turn the device ON, wait for the OK button on the computer screen to becomes enabled and click OK as soon as possible.

Step 6: The device LED will turn green and the reload of your OS will begin. This process can take a significant amount of time, depending on your Internet connection speed. The OS is about 950 MB in size so if your Internet connection is slow, you will have to be patient.

This will reload your device's OS with the newest OS and make your new again. Note that this will erase your device's memory (your SD card remains intact) so ensure you backup your pictures, music, etc first.