Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
DavidLogan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Camera Error Message

I am trying to use my camera for the first time and keep receiving the following message: Error The media library can't be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists. I have restarted my Z10 several times and the problem will not resolve itself. I cannot use the camera function as a result which is frustrating. I have tried the camera function with and without the SD card and the problem still exists. Please help!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Camera Error Message

Open you camera app, swipe from top down and you see a settings icon, click on it.  Under camera settings, save pictures on media card should be on if you have an sd card inserted.  Also before you start saving your files on your sd card, you must format the sd card first within the z10 application. Otherwise it might not be able to save the pictures to you sd card. You can save pictures to device if you take the sd card out.

To format your sd card, on home screen, swipe from top down, select settings, scroll down to storage and access, format media card.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DavidLogan

Hello and many thanks for your advice. I cannot change the Settings when the Camera app opens as the Error message has an OK button which when pressed stops the app and returns to the home page. The Error message stops the app basically once Ok is pressed. Is this a fault with the phone? Any help appreciated as I can't get access to the Settings menu at the top of the Camera app. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DavidLogan

Thanks, can you help further?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wohch
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I had this error.  I had to wipe the device (security wipe) and start from scratch. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

David,

As per last poster. Your only option is to do a system restore and start from scratch. Something currupted you camera app, could be a 3rd party software.. Also when you do BB link factory re-install, it will pull and update the latest OS.. I also saw they updated Twitter and Linkedin.. 

Please use plain text.