Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

mattbruk
My Device: z10

Camera freezes while shooting video

My camera application seems to be freezing and stopping recording when shooting in video mode. Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix? I have not seen any other posts related to this, so think it may be a defective unit.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Camera freezes while shooting video

The only thing I can think about is that your SD card might have errors when recording to it. I would format the sd card within the z10 (settings, Storage and Access, Format Media Card) you might want to copy your current files out of it first.  Also do a restart of your z10 after you format it and then try the Video Camera.. Make sure that the record device is set to your sd card (in camera app, swipe from top down, select settigns and slid save picutres on Meida Card).

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Also, if you are using an SD card, what class is it?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

drewread wrote:
Also, if you are using an SD card, what class is it?

Drew Makes sense(good catch) if the class of the SD card is not fast enough to record your video then it would freeze up.  I know for my high end SLR camera, I made sure I had a fast CF card to write raw images when shooting High speed for fast action, I need a card that can write the images to the CF card quickly and empty the buffer before it gets full and video is the same way. 

Please use plain text.
mattbruk
My Device: z10

I formatted my card and it seems to have resolved the issue. FYI, I am using a class 6 card.

Thanks for the speedy response!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Generally for hd video a class 10 card is a good idea, but glad you got it resolved. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.