If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

deepunair
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Camera not working after OS update to 10.2

I had updated my BlackBerry Z10 to OS 10.2 as per alerted by the phone. However, upon updating the phone, my camera stopped working. Also, now the videos won't play in the phone either! Please help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Camera not working after OS update to 10.2

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Such problems are indeed mostly solved by resetting/erasing the device back to factory settings.

Then you can restore your own data (assuming you did back them up before) :smileywink:

Be patient when the device is restarting after an OS upgrade because several operations are accomplished then.

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
wangpengfei
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

Many people experience this problem. You need a new camera app .and add this .
Please use plain text.
deepunair
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply to the post, but I am sorry to say that it hasn't helped. I followed the steps and did complete, but the camera still does not work and the videos still does not play. Any other suggestions? :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
biskitkrum
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

The fastest and easiest way without resetting your z10 is by installing an app called local media player from the app world. This rectifies corrupted drivers for both videos and camera. After doing so, hi light folders that do not play on memory card and move them to the phone memory then do the same and move them back to memory card. Fast and easy. Less stress and time saving and also safe. U can also delete local media player when done
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
grv10india
My Carrier: Relaince

Nice Idea biskitkrum .
Have you tried this deepunair?
Did this solved your problem?
Give a like.

1. please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?
" which solved it for you
Please use plain text.