Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
arkaroola
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Can not Edit Gmail Calendar

Working with a gmail calendar :

If I go into Settings/Accounts/Set Defaults and pick a gmail calendar account,  I can use Voice Control to create new calendar entries, or just type in new calendar events.  This works fine.

But I am unable to edit the any of these Gmail calendar entries on the Z10.  the only option I have is to Share.

If I change the default calendar to Home (Local Calendar) then I can edit the calendar entry after it is created on the Z10.

OS version 10.0.9.2372

Visitor
schany

Re: Can not Edit Gmail Calendar

I have the same problem. you are unable to edit or delete events created on a computer that have been synced to to blackberry calender. Help please.

Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I've seen the same thing. Were your calendars added via CalDAV? Seems those are Read Only, or at least they were for me.

I deleted all of them and set up my Google account as EAS. Then I followed the workaround on CrackBerry and got all of my calendars to sync. Still unable to add participants, but at least I have all my events on my calendar.

Contributor
arkaroola

I had a few 'paid' google accounts and I deleted them from the phone and added them using the workaround below (basically settings/Accounts/Add Account (sometimes it would ask for the email address at this point and I would hold the space bar for a sec and dismiss the keyboard and then I would see the Advanced button at the bottom of the screen)  Then click Advanced/Microsft Exchange ActiveSync, fill in using m.google.com as the server etc and it worked.
Now I can edit all the calendar entries !
Thanks, Liam.

greggov wrote:

I've seen the same thing. Were your calendars added via CalDAV? Seems those are Read Only, or at least they were for me.

I deleted all of them and set up my Google account as EAS. Then I followed the workaround on CrackBerry and got all of my calendars to sync. Still unable to add participants, but at least I have all my events on my calendar.

Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I noticed this problem as well.

Luckily I have 2 primary email accounts - one with Google Apps (where my calendar won't sync both ways) and the other is via Yahoo..which does sync both ways.

As I'm learning with BB10, I'm going to have to change the way I've been doing things in order to take advantage of this device.

Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

silverclown wrote:

I noticed this problem as well.

Luckily I have 2 primary email accounts - one with Google Apps (where my calendar won't sync both ways) and the other is via Yahoo..which does sync both ways.

As I'm learning with BB10, I'm going to have to change the way I've been doing things in order to take advantage of this device.

And that's unfortunate and shouldn't be necessary. BlackBerry really needs to speak up about these issues.