Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
arkaroola
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Can not Paste into Password Field

When I was setting up my email accounts, I had to manually type in passwords that were saved in my password manager app LastPass.  Most of my passwords are long combinations of upper/lower case, numbers and special characters - painful to type out.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Can not Paste into Password Field

Hey arkaroola,

Thanks for the post.

My apologies but in BlackBerry 10 you can not paste any passwords.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arkaroola
My Carrier: Telus

[Rant ON]

I can remember about 5 of my 156 passwords.  That's why I use a password manager.  Most of my passwords are between 12 and 25 characters and are totally random.  It would be nice to use my password manager to paste those into password fields when I setup email accounts or change email account passwords.

If the concern is security, then I don't get it.  

I'm not going to be memorizing  my seven 12-25 random character strings for my email accounts and typing them into the  password fields on my Z10.  I'm going to be looking at it on my computer screen, or looking at it in an email or looking at it in my password manager.  Any of those options exposes the password.  If I use my password manager, I cut and paste and the password is never exposed - I think that is more secure.

I was so annoyed typing in the passwords over and over again to get my email and calendar to work properly, I almost returned the Z10.  That's how frustrating I find this issue !

[Rant OFF]

Please use plain text.
bitbln
My Carrier: 1&1

This is a serious limitation and should be marked as bug and corrected ASAP.

I was also very frustrated trying to understand what was going on.

This was a BAD idea.

Please use plain text.
bmwr1200rt
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Using password keeper on my torch it seemed using it on the z10 would be the same. Very disappointed in this approach as it makes less secure by typing in a long complex password that will have to be displayed. Please rethink this!
Please use plain text.