Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
daveo1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Can't Delete Emails....Please help!

Hi there,

I have 7 emails stuck in my Hub which I can't open or delete. They are showing as unread and despite my efforts to delete them they won't leave! They also won't open at all though I've read them on Outlook on my PC at work.

They aren't showing as emails that I haven't opened but they are showing as the number 7 in a circle below the Hub icon and also 7 below my work email folder as well.

Any advice please?

My work emails are via Outlook Exchange by the way. My Hotmail account has no similar difficulties on my Z10

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't Delete Emails....Please help!

So, you actually can't go to and see these seven emails on your Z10?

Only the notification 7 appears below that exchange email account Hub tab?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daveo1

Hi there,

The emails are in the Hub folder as yellow envelopes with the sender and subject but the emails won't open when I click on them and I can't mark them as unread or delete them. When I try to delete by pressing and holding and pressing the "dustbin icon they won't leave.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

go to email account, select 3 dot on bottom right which will open menu, select  "Select more", tap on each email lines to hightlight, at the bottom right the delete bin appears, press to delete after selection complete and follow the screen message to delete.

Work for me.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

There is an even easier way to Delete messages.

In the Hub, press and hold on the message,  The side bar will apear with the options  -- The garbage can is one of the them :smileyhappy: 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daveo1

Tried both of those methods already.

When I try to delete the email using either method the message "This will delete the selected item" appears and I press "Delete" but the email is not removed. .

Anyone else can help please?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sindai1
My Carrier: Telus

as of this morning...i'm having the same problem. I can't even delete all the accounts in my hub. it just keeps loading. i've rebooted by holding the button and restart, i've rebotted by doing a battery pull. i'm receiving texts, bbms..and can surf the net..it's just the hub that is freezing. When i reboot, new messages appear because i've been trying to get this issue fixed but then of course i can't delete the message. it's driving me insane! reinstalled the latest z10 software, still doesn't help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jtolley
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Same thing has happened to me. I have cleared them in one of two ways: 1) having my enterprise account wiped from my account and then reinstalled (this is time consuming as my IT department has to re-issue me another activiation password. It's a hastle.) 2) Wait until the next blackberry update, which seems to clear the notifications.

Neither of these are ideal. And there must be a better way to clear them off. I hate having 10 notifications of e-mails which I have already deleted from my enterprise account. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sindai
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

well.....my only solution....security wipe. My only concern was losing all my contacts. I don't use the sim card. when my accts were deleted from the hub, except for my hotmail, all the contacts were cleared as well. Thank goodness that Outlook/Hotmail synced my contacts!! I checked on the server and every single contact was there. whew! So i only really needed to back up was all my other stuff on my phone. did that....and did the security wipe. took hours, but the next morning, i hooked up my z10 to the comp and used the BB Link to reset to factory settings. it was like brand new. Then i uploaded my backup and voila! everything is back to normal. Its actually faster!!

I really don't know what the issue is with the hub. everything else was working fine. I hope it doesn't happen again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jtolley
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I think it's BS that I should have to do a security wipe. As this is the 3rd time in 2 months that this has happened to me. I will just suffer through until there is an adequate solution or patch to the software. 

Please use plain text.