Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Z10

Re: Can't Delete Emails....Please help!

I may have a solution that's a bit less drastic than a security wipe. Well, it's worked once in a row for me.

In my case it was a message Oulook had moved to the Junk mail folder. The hub showed the message as unread and attempts to open it, delete it or mark it as read all failed. What ended up working for me was to go to hub settings on the overflow menu then "Display and Actions" then change "Display Style" from conversation to single messages and save. The hub rebuilt the list and the problem message was gone. I then changed the message style back to conversation.

Can't guarantee that will solve the problem for you but it's a fairly painless method to try.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

This solution worked perfectly.  Thanks TheInspector.

Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

That is really odd to hear. I haven't had that experience so far. Have any of you try restarting the HUB? It is done by swipe from the top right corner towards the middle of the screen in a diagonal move. Do it five times and restarts the HUB. Sorry if it is not clear but search it if required. Hope it helps.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Changing the Display Style from Conversation to Single Message and back again worked for me.  Thanks!

New Contributor

Go in the Hub to the date bar at start of each new day in the list of emails and other contacts. When you hold the date bar, a list of controls appears, including ways to mark all prior messages as read.  Hold the date bar there is also a trash can icon that appears. Found this in another post.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This is the correct solution to erase a ton of Emails that you have read and now wish to delete. Clean slate.
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

This is a bug in 10.0. It is resolved in 10.1 (so far). I had a ticket open with BB on this and since 10.1 the issue has not recurred.

If you are not at 10.1 yet, there are different possible workarounds that are hit and miss if they work.

1 is what is mentioned above that seems to work although I never thought to try this.

The 2nd method, whcih was hit and miss for me, was to restore the ghosted emails from trash in my desktop client when I noticed it happen and sometimes that would clear it up.

If none of these work and you're really desparate to get the ghosted unread emails out, ask your BES admin to disable email sync for your profile then push policy to your device. This will remove your work mail. Once gone, re-enable. It is basically the same as an enterprise wipe but you don't need to go through everything else and it's pretty straight forward. If there are others using the same email profile they would be affected too so that's the one drawback.

Other than that, just wait for the emails to expire or 10.1...whcihever comes first Smiley Happy

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Go into the Hub, go to 3 dots on lower right and choose settings. Go into Hub Management and turn off email account that has problems. exit hub, go back in a folow same steps and turn acccount back on. Hope this helps...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Awesome. Going from Conversation to Single Messages display style and back solvd the problem for me! And I was already considering wiping my phone - all those unread messages were driving me nuts! Thanks, TheInspector! I'm just curious, though, is this a published fix or solution? Does anyone know what causes the issue? 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, I am having the same issue. I do know how to delete so please don't tell me the stock answer. I too have tried everything including reboot.