Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Can't Send Emails

Unfortunately that isn't a fix.

First of all I don't have an alternate email provider, and second - as mentioned in that thread - use of an alternate email provider will result in the wrong 'sender' email address being used.

The thread does mention a bug in the phone firmware. Does anyone at RIM/whoeveryouarenow have details of this and when it is planned to be fixed? This is pretty much a showstopper, since I use a BB phone specifically for its email capabilty.

Will raise this through Vodafone, since I can't find any channel to communicate with the Blackberry people (who only seem to use Twitter ... and I don't have a Twitter account).

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Can't Send Emails

Since my last post, I got SMTP delivery working by switching to port 25 and turning off StartTLS. Far from ideal, since this means your account username and password get sent over the internet in plain text, but at least I was able to send mail from the phone when necessary.
Since then, a software update has fixed StartTLS so I am now successfully sending email from the phone over SMTP port 587 with StartTLS enabled.