08-22-2013 03:16 PM
My Z10 has stopped allowing me to synch photos music and video to my PC which is running windows 7. It has never been a problem until recently. I have tried:
1. Removing the Blackberry Link Software from my PC and reloading it from scratch
2. I have the latest software on my Blackberry Z10
3. I have enabled Wireless connection between the two.
4. I have enabled "Software development mode on my Z10, and made sure that the development IP address matches that of my Z10
5. checked all the settings both within Blackbewrry link and my Z10 concerning synching
After all that it still won't play! I know that there is a viable link between the two because I have run a backup and I can see photos which are only on my Z10 in the preview box on Blackberry link on my PC.
I get an error message wihich says "Connection Error" and sometimes I've had one which says "problem with accessing your media libraries the synch did not complete
I took it to the shop where I bought it and all they could suggest was sending it away for repair - for three weeks! Also given that I do have music on there already I don't want to lose that and then not be able to load any more.
Anyone got any bright ideas before I give up and get an I-phone?
08-27-2013 12:08 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Thanks for the question.
Have you tried to do a manual USB media synchronization with your BlackBerry Z10? Also are you connected to the same Wi-Fi network when trying to do the Wi-Fi synchronization? Also do you use a VPN connection on your computer?
I look forward to your reply.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
08-28-2013 04:43 PM
Hi Vicious Ferret
Thanks for the reply:
1: Well, I tried the USB synch,- but didn't get very far. In fact that was one reason why I tried deleting BlackBerry Link - I linked my Blackberry to the PC, turned on the "Software Development Mode" and then tried to access it like I would if it were a memory stick. My computer just kept giving me messages telling me to download BlackBerry Link, and I couldn't find any other way to access the files. In the end I reloaded BlackBerry Link
2. Yes it is the same Wi-Fi network
3. What is a VPN connection? Whatever it is I don't think I have one.