Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
glc6
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

Can't access contacts or messages and hub non-existant

I got a Z10 today and when setting it up I noticed if I clicked on the 'contacts' or 'text messages'icons they don't work. I thought when I transferred all the data from my old devide this would correct itself but it didn't.

None of my contacts or messages transferred over, and I have re-done the transfer twice. My call log was transferred but all entries are of the telephone number only, no names. And I can't seem to be able to add these numbers to my contacts. I can't even go into the contacts and enter all my previous info manually.

I have no blackberry hub either, and I have asked people who are in the same room to send me messages but I am not receiving them. I have tried to reboot the device multiple times but nothing is changing. I seem to be able to send BBM's but not receive them.

Seems to be that the only thing I am able to do is make and receive calls and use the internet browser.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I will go back to the store I got the phone from tomorrow but really looking for some information right now if possible.

Thanks.

G

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't access contacts or messages and hub non-existant

Hi G and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you performed any software updates on your BlackBerry Z10? If not, there may be one available. You can do the update using BlackBerry Link, with your device connected, or by going into Settings>Software Updates on the device itself.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
glc6
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: Can't access contacts or messages and hub non-existant

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get into the store yesterday and they advised that the software update didn't work as it should have done, so they restored the phone to factory settings and I managed to get the software re-installed correctly. All working fine now.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.