Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
puvlee
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Can't connect to a specific wifi network

Hello, please, someone can help me? (sorry for my poor english, not native)

First of all, i's important to say that I could connect normally to this network before, and then suddenly it stopped connecting. I can say it's a problem with my device, 'cause the other device I have still can connect to this network normally. I deleted it from the list of saved networks, tried to able and disable some of the advanced options... Nothing worked.

Nothing has changed, passwords, settings, nothing. I'm pretty sure it's a specific issue between BBZ10 and this network, 'cause I can connect normally to my home's and my neighbor's wifi network. 

Please, anyone?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't connect to a specific wifi network

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The first thing to check is your installed BB10 OS level...refer:

• Article ID: KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

If it is not the most recent (10.2.2.1531), then it is highly recommended that you update via Sachesi, LINK (only if your carrier supports it), or AutoLoader:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
puvlee

Thank you for your answer! But these links you gave lead to old versions updates, prior to the version  I have (10.2.1.537). 

"If it is not the most recent (10.2.2.1531)" >> Is this number you posted correct?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Those links are discussion threads to help you understand the process of each method. The source of the actual installation files you need may well have changed, and may or may not be yet discussed in those threads, but you have to read the entire thread to find out.

Or, for Sachesi, look here:

And, for AutoLoaders, look here:

The reason we can't always be so explicit here is that these methods are technically not sanctioned by BB...and, this being the "official" support channel, we are not supposed to push non-sanctioned things. But, lacking official tools from them, we volunteers choose to provide these non-sanctioned things...after all, without the non-sanctioned methods and tools, the only alternative might be "do nothing", which helps no one.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
puvlee

I really appreciate your effort in helping me, thanks a lot!
I understood both processes and I'll search for the latest OS version for my device.
Besides that, do you think this issue is a reason for requesting technical assistance or for requesting product replacement?
I'm asking 'cause I'm a little afraid of upgrading the OS and instead of getting rid of this issue, get some other different issues...
But actually I don't think product replacement would be a solution, 'cause I have the impression that it will happen with any BBZ10 I get, 'cause I think it's something with BB10 (I mean, the software). Am I wrong?

Forums Advisor II
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800

puvlee wrote:

Hello, please, someone can help me? (sorry for my poor english, not native)

First of all, i's important to say that I could connect normally to this network before, and then suddenly it stopped connecting. I can say it's a problem with my device, 'cause the other device I have still can connect to this network normally. I deleted it from the list of saved networks, tried to able and disable some of the advanced options... Nothing worked.

Nothing has changed, passwords, settings, nothing. I'm pretty sure it's a specific issue between BBZ10 and this network, 'cause I can connect normally to my home's and my neighbor's wifi network. 

Please, anyone?

Is it possible to reboot the router that the Z10 cannot connect to ?.

Because it's strange that the Z10 connects to your home and neighbours network but not a specific network, as you have not upgraded the OS therefore the Radio software has not changed. 

New Contributor
puvlee

Hi, no, I can't reboot or do nothing on the router, 'cause it's an enterprise's router. But I still can connect my previous device (LG) on this network and my co-workers can connect their devices as well. The problem is with my device. =(

It happened again with a mall's free network and with my beachhouse neighbor network too. These networks must have something in common that goes wrong in my device, I don't know...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

puvlee wrote:

I really appreciate your effort in helping me, thanks a lot!
I understood both processes and I'll search for the latest OS version for my device.
Besides that, do you think this issue is a reason for requesting technical assistance or for requesting product replacement?
I'm asking 'cause I'm a little afraid of upgrading the OS and instead of getting rid of this issue, get some other different issues...
But actually I don't think product replacement would be a solution, 'cause I have the impression that it will happen with any BBZ10 I get, 'cause I think it's something with BB10 (I mean, the software). Am I wrong?

It is impossible to predict the outcome for you. Good luck and let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
puvlee

I upgraded via Sachesi to 10.2.2.932 OS and still can't connect. Nothing changed. Maybe I need to run the destructive method (AutoLoader), but I don't know... Lose all my data for something that likely will remain not working well... And I don't know what I can recover from the backup.

I tested something I read at CrackBerry - disable Mobile Network and Data Services an then try to connect to the wifi network - and actually it almost worked, it recognized the network as a saved network (remembering that previously I could connect to this network normally), recognized the password... But still, didn't connected. It keeps trying until conection time runs out an then, after a few tries, it turns back to the previous error message (as I was entering a wrong password or something).

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

When things get flaky, the best recommendation I have is indeed the destructive method. And, my personally very diligent method is thus:

1. Remove device lock password
  2. Full backup
  3. Settings only backup
  4. On device WIPE
  5. Autoloader
  6. On device WIPE

Now, attempt only the item that's not working...don't do any other updates, installs, restores, or anything else...only the thing that's not working. If it works, proceed with restoring from your backup, as well as installs, updates, etc. to get going again.

But if it fails after all of that, then re-do the process, but when you restore, restore only Settings...it has been known that a backup can contain corruption, which is re-introduced with a full restore. If that still fails, then proceed without any restore at all, manually configuring everything.

If it fails right after step 6, then re-do the process with a different OS package (not likely to succeed, IMHO...but always worth a try. If it fails under all conditions, then it's most likely a hardware issue, for which no amount of OS or software can be of any help.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates