Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Can't delete AccuWeather app

I can't seem to reset the city I want to use as the home page of AccuWeather. I thought to uninstall the app and reinstall it and try setting the home page in the reinstall, but I can't delete the app. It has no little garbage can icon when I press on it. I did try following the entry from the manual but that did not work either. Is there any fallback way to delete an app?

[By the way, the manual is missing a line. It needs 1(a), which I have added in the reproduced instructions, below:} 

Delete a downloaded item from BlackBerry
World
1. On the BlackBerry World home screen, tap [an icon square with 9 dots]

1(a) Tap MyWorld
2. Tap My Apps & Games, My Video, or My Music.
3. Tap Downloaded.
4. Touch and hold an item, and tap [the garbage can icon].
• If you think that you might want to reinstall the app later, tap Uninstall.
• If you want to permanently delete the app, tap Delete.
Uninstalled apps and games are listed on your My World screen. To see this list, tap My Apps & Games > Available.

Ken

Developer
My Device: BB Z10

Re: Can't delete AccuWeather app

Isn't it written so that whichever city you are currently viewing is the one that will come up every time you start the app?

Swipe down from the top, which is similar to bringing up an application's settings/help area. You should get a horizontally scrolling list of cities you added, and just select whichever you want...

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Yes! That worked to reset the city. Thanks.

However, I am always alarmed when I can't delete an app. So why is AccuWeather not deleteable?

Ken

Developer
My Device: BB Z10

Not entirely sure, but I will guess that it's one of the apps that comes with every Z10 no matter which service provider you are with? A default app so to speak for all BB 10 devices?

My Device: 7898 Z10

:smileyvery-happy: Finally. Was Going Out Of My Mind Trying To Figure This Out...T.Y.V.M...
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

It is part of Z10 OS. BeWeather was on sale earlier this week @ half price.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.