Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
aha_bb
My Device: Not Specified

Can't download apps and Unable to connect to BlackBerry ID server

Today I found that I can't download apps on Z10. The screenshot looks like this:

Then I poked around and found that I can't connect to BlackBerry ID server, the screenshot is blow:

I have checked the date and the time, it matches my computer. I can login to BB ID web page no problem.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Muxlow
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Can't download apps and Unable to connect to BlackBerry ID server

For 3 days now iv had the same problem. Even when going onto the computer to blackberry world and it send my Z10 the download thing it says downloading then says cannot connect to the server and stops the download

When i go into the settings under Blackberry ID befor anything loads up i get

Unable to connect to the blackberry ID server. Please makesure that you have the current date and time set and try again (50507)

It's correct and try again and same thing.

I click change password and i get the same error of 50507

user name and password are correct. I even changed it via the computer to see if that would help access it on the Z10 and nothing. Changed it back to the current password and still nothing

Have tried this on WIFI only and data only and mix of both.

Muxlow
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grimacingreaper
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem as  "aha_bb". Have you managed to find a solution? I phoned Vodafone support about it and they said they can't do anything as the problem lies outside of their network and to go on the BlackBerry forum. I cannot find any solutions on here at all.

I can login to BlackBerry ID on my desktop. I cannot access the BlackBerry ID section from the setting menu on my phone and I cannot use AppWorld on my phone to download new apps or upgrades. I also cannot access the "Payments" options from the setting menu. Everything else on the phone works though! I have tried using mobile network and wifi individually and makes no difference. I changed my password via the BlackBerry ID website to see if that made a difference, but no.

If anyone has a solution, I'd appreciate it if you could share it!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aha_bb

Mine actually works now... don't know what fixed it but you may find what I did in here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/blackberry-id-issue-769040/#post7965522

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grimacingreaper

Thank you for replying!

I have read your post on the linked website and am loath to wipe my blackberry as it took me a week to get all my address books and calendars synched properly etc. I don't want to have to go through all that again, lol.

If no other solution is posted I guess I'll just have to do a wipe. But that is risky as the backup feature of the "BlackBerry Link" software does not work, meaning I cannot do a restore if something goes wrong. This is the first time a BlackBerry I have owned has "gone wrong" so am particularly annoyed :-(

Thanks once again for your help. I will post back here if it works or not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aha_bb

I know what you mean. When the BBID screws up BlackBerry Link would not allow you to back up your data for apparent security reasons. I did have to whip my device more than 5 times before I straighten this out. Luck that every time I was able to get my contact and passwords from my old BB through device switch.

If you like to try the procedure I posted, here are a few things that may made difference:

1. Don't use wifi until everything is set up
2. Definitely input your BBID on the first chance you get after the wipe
3. Confirm you can still connect to BBID server after the tutorial is done and you are in.
4. Setup all your BBID related apps (BBM, app world, etc.) before you do anything else (device switching or emails)
5. Backup as you go when you can still connect to BBID server.
6. Reboot after each backup, and confirm you still connect to BBID server after each reboot.

There may be steps unnecessary but the more shortcuts you take the more chance you will have to wipe the device again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grimacingreaper

Many thanks for your assistance with this aha_bb!

I eventually decided to wipe my phone (couldn't back it up) and start afresh. I skipped restoring my old phone in case there was something on there that "corrupted" the new phone. So far I have tried appworld every few hours and downloaded random apps and games without a problem and I can access blackberry id from the setting menu.

The only downside now is that the gmail calendar / calDAV won't load on my phone even though it did so automatically before - the gmail email and contacts synchronised fine though. Also, the built-in weather app no longer works; a small compromise for a working phone.

I have tested the backup feature of Blackberry link at every stage and although it takes an eternity, it does complete successuly now, unlike before.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aha_bb

Gmail calendar definitely works for me but I am using active sync. Weather app works here too. You may try to remove the app and install it again in BlackBerry World.

Loving this phone!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grimacingreaper

If I delete my gmail account from the phone and add it again it fails saying that the server is unavailable (or something to that effect) and then prompts for the "server address" which is blank. I have tried typing in different google web addresses including the "sharing" links listing in the gmail calendar settings page but everything so far fails. Would you mind looking at what it is on your phone? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grimacingreaper

Oops, sorry I just re-read your post and I don't think activesync will have the same settings/options.
Please use plain text.