Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Bowdett
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Can't send email with POP accounts...

Z10....#STL100-4 OS:10.2.01791 Verizon

I can receive emails for my pop accounts....@insight-bc.com and @columbus.rr.com BUT I can NOT send any emails....can anyone help with server info..and any info that might fix this...or help. I have

tried...about everything..... please help!!!

Thx

Bowdett

Super Contributor
donb

Re: Can't send email with POP accounts...

Have you tried to contact your service provider yet?
New Contributor
Bowdett

Yes....they gave me some options....nothing they provided work...they said..."we are sorry" that's all we can do...also contacted Time Warner....same....good ole college try and...then the same.."we are sorry"...thats all we can do.

:smileysad:

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

I had my RR give me new settings when my emails stopped going out. They changed them as follows,
At bottom entry's
mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
Port 25
Try that and save at top right.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Super Contributor
donb

Bowdett wrote:

Z10....#STL100-4 OS:10.2.01791 Verizon

I can receive emails for my pop accounts....@insight-bc.com and @columbus.rr.com BUT I can NOT send any emails....can anyone help with server info..and any info that might fix this...or help. I have

tried...about everything..... please help!!!

Thx

Bowdett

so are both of your email accounts not sending mail or just one of them?  also if you are using port 25 and are on a corporate network, they may be blocking that port.  try to isolate if you cannot send on certain networks or all networks.

i have a rr account that i do not use but when i was using it for a test, i discovered that they have different settings to use on mobile devices and a separate set of settings for non-mobile devices.  tech support informed me of these different settings when i called them.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

port 25 is blocked on most networks these days and you need to find the SSL port for their mail server

if they dont offer SSL ports then you might have to do this

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/SMTP-server-issue-with-your-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
menspa

Is your email account corporate or free (hotmail, yahoo etc)?