Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dallyd31
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Can't set up Cogeco email on Z10

Hello all

I cannot set up my cogeco email on my new Z10. I can set it up without any issue on my old Bold 9900 (or any of my other old BB's), but not on the Z10 and this may be a deal breaker on whether I can keep my new Z10 or return it.

I can utilize a workaround.  In the smtp server section of the account setup, , I can input.  smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com instead of  smtp.cogeco.ca   however, if I leave the rogers service zone OR if I want to get onto wifi, it won't work.  And as someone who is on the road frequently and travels a lot, this just will not work, and is totally unacceptable.

The other option is to set up a gmail account and have it retrieve the cogeco email.  But when I reply on the phone , it will be from the gmail account and not cogeco.

Does anyone have any way to properly set up cogeco...or is it just not possible with the Z10.  If not, I may have to regrettably which to another phone provider.

For reference, with my Bold, all I did was input the email address and the password, and VOILA, it was set up. 

If it is a shortcoming of the Z10, it seems odd to me that when developing this new phone that they would overlook such a great, and important feature.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,902
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can't set up Cogeco email on Z10

Does this help any?

How to integrate a Cogeco email on a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone   

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dallyd31

Thanks, I appreciate it,  but that doesn't work.  That has been fairly widely posted, but it doesn't work with cogeco currentlyo for whatever reason. Some say it is a BB10 isssue, others say it is an ISP issue

AS mentioned the only way I know of (my researching on the web) is substitute smtp.cogeco.ca with smtp.rogerswiressdata.com   That will work, but won't let you use wifi or get email out of the service area.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Have you raised this issue directly with Rogers tech support?

Have they escalated the issue for you to BlackBerry tech support and have you been given an incident number on the problem?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dallyd31

Called them 4 times. Completely useless.  All they keep doing is referring me back to this forum for help.

From the link you provided it appears that it isn't possible to make cogeco work on the Z10 unless I use the mobile providers (rogers) outgoing smtp.  Which is not a valid option for me.  It completely removes the option of using wifi

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Rogers is stonewalling you. Call and get a supervisor and demand an escalation of the issue.

You are paying Rogers for tech support and the ability to escalated unresolved technical issues such as this.

Sorry, but good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.