Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Can't setup my POP account on the Z10

Jeff,

Rogers email, sympatico email work perfect. But I don't use it on my Z10 because I have a custom web site and mail server. With CRTC requirement, for outgoing mail, it blocks my smtp server. The work around for me was to use smt.broadband.rogers.com smtp server and worked like a charm. But my other work around was to change the outgoing smtp port from 25 to 26 then I can use my own smtp.website.com mailserver. For 99% of the people out there that use rogers mail, sympatico, gmail hotmail. the setup is as easy as entering your email address and password. They have autodiscovey and auto config enabled.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's

thanks, it is useful to have all options out there. I usually come here first when I having a problem as someone usually has them figured out
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dynatechconsulting
My Device: Z10

I had the same problem (telus & cogeco smtp servers) with my android phone and I was told BB & iPhone supported setting up 2 smtp servers for each email account (a primary & a secndary).   So I bought this BB10.    Now I need to find out out to set-up it and make it work.   Anybody?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slimmer1972
My Device: BB - Z10

The official response is that BB10 doesn't support a secondary, tertiary, etc. smtp server (like previous BB did and like iPhones do).

You have to manually change the smtp every time.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Previous BlackBerrys didn't support 2 smtp servers, the BIS dealt with the issue you are experiencing. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dynatechconsulting

...or turn off the WIFI to send your email

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

What is Rogers smtp and port?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

lesedwards wrote:
What is Rogers smtp and port?

For SSL port 465

For None SSL Port 25

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's

needed to use my own advice today after a security swipe
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rjsdavis
My Device: Not Specified

There is an earlier post that correctly identifies that the problem lies with the smtp settings. If the z10 doesn't like what you're inputting, it simply gives you the message that you're experiencing. It's pretty lame, and I never had this nonsense with my old Torch. I suspect it's connected to the removal of the BES service, and the removal of BB services which are no longer needed for BB10 devices. 

I've covered how I set it up to work here in the UK on the Vodafone network (network is irrelevant), and it all works correctly... What a workaround that just shouldn't be necessary! 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/BlackBerry-10/Z10-Can-t-set-up-any-POP3-email-account-only-1x-IMAP-em... 

Please use plain text.