Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Can't view or record videos on Z10

Got my Z10 today and I tried to play a Youtube video earlier today and got the error "This media file is of an unsupported type or could not be loaded. It cannot be played". 

I thought maybe it was just going to be that video, but its the same for any video I try to watch on Youtube however the odd time I get no error message but the video never actually loads (this happens less frequently than the error message though).

I left it alone for a bit and downloaded a couple other apps to try and take my mind of the video not working and came across flixter, gave it a try and realized you can link to the trailer, tried that and got the error message: "The file can't be played due to an unexpected error. (10)".

Getting concerned about the video I headed over to the camera to see if the video recording works, No matter what settings I use when I try to start the recording, the image freezes while the timer ticks to 0:03/0:04 and then stops and a message pops up: "Recording Failed".

I checked for a software update, which there was one, but that solved nothing. Could this be a defective device or am I missing something somewhere in the settings?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Can't view or record videos on Z10

Hi klunt and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Have you tried rebooting your BlackBerry Z10 by either holding the power button down then choosing the Restart option or by performing a battery pull?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I fixed the problem by rebooting the device earlier today and completely forgot to post an update regarding this. Thanks for the reply though. 

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

I have not been able to view any BBM video received, I get the same error message and rebooting or removing battery has not solved the problem.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: axis

Same problem for me. Restart or Removing battery not solve the problem