Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
cbcaper
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect to Exchange via Activesync

I was reasonably excited to get my hands on the new BB 10 however I've been unable to connect to our Corporate Exchange server via Activesync.  We've had absolutely no problems with the iPhones. 

I was however able to get another employee connected.  When I attempt to connect using the same parameters as the employee that can connect, I get the error, "There was an unexpected error and the operation was canceled".  I created at Test account in Exchange and am able to connect via that user.

I was on our BES 5 with my previous device but just removed and still does not work (grasping at straws). Any ideas what would be different in my account in Exchange that will not allow my user to work?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cannot connect to Exchange via Activesync

Are there any security groups that the user (who can't be connected) needs to be added to.  ActiveSync is pretty generic once it is working on the Exchange side. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbcaper

Nope - they are just regular users.  I am actually an administrator.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i have no issue being on BES 5 and using Z10 with EAS on Exchange 2003

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbcaper

Removing myself from BES 5 was a "Hail Mary".  I didn't actually think it would do anything.  The problem is others have no problem connecting with Activesync but I cannot.  It must be some setting I have in Exchange but have no clue what it could be.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cbcaper

Found the problem and fixed. I can now connect.  I had to check the checkbox "Include inharitable permissions from this object's parent" in Active Directory.  It was now checked.

Here are instructions on how to do it.

http://ucblog.salehram.com/2010/05/10/fixing-the-problem-when-users-cannot-connect-to-exchange-serve...

Please use plain text.
Visitor
gwhaley
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I've run into a similar problem where I can successfully configure my corporate email manually.  But when I try to enter the settings into our lab BDS and override the AD settings with the corporate mail it won't accept the email password.  I've verified that the pushed exchange settings are correct on the device so this is perplexing.

Please use plain text.
BottleZ
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I had the exact same problem, and this fixed it, thanks!!

Interestingly, I was an admin in the past, so perhaps this is related to being an admin.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thaks for sharing that

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Eye_of_Jupiter
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

I was experiencing the exact same problem with my Q10 and tried various suggestions to get it working, the 2 below were the last things i did on Friday night - on Saturday afternoon i was finally able to successfully connect:

- implemented cbcapers post regarding ticking 'Allow inheritable permissions from the parent...'

- enabled 'AutoArchive' on my Outlook account. My Inbox had over 85,000 items, after archiving this stands at 14,000

- moved all subfolders of my Inbox up one level

I'm not sure which of these were decisive but i think archiving my inbox did the trick.

:Clap:

Please use plain text.