Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jhb0016
My Device: BB Z10

Cannot copy BBM contacts from BB9000 to Z10

I have used the BB Link software and tried to copy and restore content from the 9000 to the Z10. All that transfers over is the text messages.  If I try and send an invite to friends to join my new Z10 nothing happens

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot copy BBM contacts from BB9000 to Z10

[ Edited ]

Hello jhb0016,

Thank you for your question regarding the migration of your BBM contacts from your BlackBerry Bold to your BlackBerry Z10.

Which version of BlackBerry Device Software are your currently running on your BlackBerry Bold 9000? BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0 or higher is required to complete the data migration process. The following article wil provide you with more information:

How to migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and above to BlackBerry 10http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33322

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jhb0016
My Device: BB Z10

Thank you for your reply.  We went through the steps with BB Link and migrated data however the BBM contact info did not go. We did it manually and so far all appears to be well. Now to get used to the touch keyboard!!  Thanks again,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I had the same problem.  But then I updated BBM on my old device (and connected it to my Blackberry ID).  Then after it was all synced (a few minues) I went to my new Z10, I reopened BBM and logged in with the same Blackberry ID, and voila! Done and done...all my bbm contacts were there.

Unfortunately, conversation history was not transferred...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I believe you need to have BBM 7 (available for OS 4.5 and up) installed on your BBOS device for the BBM contacts to automatically populate when logging into BBM on the Z10.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Additonally - This article should help regarding BBM:

Options for migrating a BlackBerry Messenger profile to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33259

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's
My Carrier: rogers

I have done this successfully from a 9800 after about 8 hours of trying .  Here is the link I found that worked for me.  Just a note of caution it didn't work the first time.  When it prompt you to upgrade the desktop do it.  Even after all this it took 3 tries to get it done.  I have all my contacts from the old phone with telephone numbers

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-switch-devices

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
amansour
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

I have a similar problem, was moving contacts from my BB9900 running OS 7.1.

I tried moving my contacts through LINK, didnt work, tried Bluetooth but it didnt move them all. i can see in the downloads all the contacts are there, but not visible in the contacts list. a solution please

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mariosaaiby
My Device: z10
My Carrier: z10

Cannot copy BBM contacts from z10 to Z10 any help plz?

i tried blackberry link software but doesnt work?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Cannot copy BBM contacts from z10 to Z10 any help plz?

BB has recognized this problem and has provided a fix to the carriers which should be implemented soon, if it already hasn't been. I did an upgrade this week to the link software so make sure you have the latest software. It was annoying for me to do but it did eventually transfer them over.  I'm not able to help more than this but good luck.  Once done you will be pleased with the phone.  There are many jesters which are not readily found so make sure you get updates with respect to reviews (Google alerts)as I have learned several new things just from watching other peoples experiences.

Please use plain text.