Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

mjt
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Cannot delete Games App

Hi there,

(my first post on the forums... haha be nice :smileyhappy:

I recently opened the Games App and it connected to my BBM without giving me the option of whether I want this or  not (aargh!). Now I cannot 'unconnect' it from BBM through Application Permissions, nor will it allow me to delete the Games app.

Does anyone know how I can remove it from my BBM?

Thanks so much!

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Cannot delete Games App

To change your options for BBM connected apps, complete the following:

1. In the Settings app, tap Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.
  2. Tap the app's name.
  3. Change the options. For example, limit certain actions or disconnect the app from BBM.
  4. Tap Save.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I did not try this, but I can tell you where the permissions are located.

Go to System Settings. Then go to Security and Privacy.  Select at the top Application Permissions. Select the software you want to control the permissions. In the games I can see it is possible to turn everything off.

Sometimes a software could take some time to show itself in this menu. If after about a minute, go out of this area and go back in.

Jerry G.
mjt
New Contributor

Thanks all, for the quick replies!

I will maybe try a reset as I have been to the Application Permissions as mentioned but the "Connect to BBM" slider is "On" and cannot be turned "Off", I'm just trying a reset now in case it is a bug... lets see how it goes.

Thanks again!

mjt
New Contributor

Restart did not work either… very strange! The ‘Connect to BBM’ On Slider is Grayed out and cannot be changed to off!! Now the whole world (well, not quite… just my BBM Contact List!) sees my Games updates.

(I took a screenshot but could not figure out how to upload to this post)

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I have exactly the same problem it shows on my bbm connected apps and i dont want it there i dont want to grant it permission but have no choice and the option is greyed out on the permissions screen!

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook & 9800 (backup)

There are other apps that do this as well, in those cases I just delete the app but the games cannot be deleted so after accidentally activating it, I am stuck with it connected to my BBM.  Not really cool that there is no ability to decide on the allowed options on every single app.  Isn't blackberry supposed to be a business phone which needs to be much more secure.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook & 9800 (backup)

[ Edited ]

I also just paid 99 cents for a gym timer and I selected turn BBM connection off and it tells me the software is disconnected and I need to connect to BBM before GymTime will work.  What kind of whack setting is that for a timer to require?

As an update, the Gymtime app author replied fairly quickly and told me he would remove the BBM requirement in the next update so I am guessing the built in games app can have that modification changed as well.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Teaboy....I would LOVE to change the application permissions but how can I when everything is greyed out and it won't allow me to change the security permissions on my own phone and won't allow me to delete it??? I never wanted it in the first place much less have it attached to my BBM without my permission. major security breach. If you are a developer please tell us how to remove it or at least change the permissions.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: optus

I've got the same problem, and I don't want all my BBM contacts to get updates on my game status especially cause I don't want it there in the first place. Please blackberry update your 10 system so the administrator can actually be the administrator of the phone! It should be an option to put apps on like this, a phone shouldn't just come with it unless you can delete it. Breach of privacy.