Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Tarekb12
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Cannot setup my work email account "unable to find connection information. Please use advanced setup"

Hi Guys,

its my 3rd day with my Z10 and facing several problems.  first of all Blackberry Link is not installing on my work PC 64bit but it works alright on my 32bit PC at home.  My BBM Video chat fails to recognize other BB10 BBM friends who have video chat so cannot even try it.

But my biggest problem is the fact that i cannot setup my work email.  everytime i try to set it up i get this error after i enter my password "unable to find connection information. Please use advanced setup"  but i was able to setup my Gmail.  I had several older blackberry that worked fine on my work email so not sure whats the problem here. 

If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cannot setup my work email account "unable to find connection information. Please use advanced setup"

Tarekb12 wrote:

Hi Guys,

its my 3rd day with my Z10 and facing several problems.  first of all Blackberry Link is not installing on my work PC 64bit but it works alright on my 32bit PC at home.  My BBM Video chat fails to recognize other BB10 BBM friends who have video chat so cannot even try it.

But my biggest problem is the fact that i cannot setup my work email.  everytime i try to set it up i get this error after i enter my password "unable to find connection information. Please use advanced setup"  but i was able to setup my Gmail.  I had several older blackberry that worked fine on my work email so not sure whats the problem here. 

If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know

Thanks

Not sure what is causing your work PC not to install BB link. I have it installed on 1 desktop with 64 bit Windows 7 and 2 other laptops and works fine.. So I have no answer for you. 

The email is one that we all seem to have run into with Z10.. The cause of the problem if you read other posts on this forum is that the SMTP servers are being blocked by your service provider for your phone( read this KB29891) . The only way around for me was to use another SMTP server( I used my cable modem server smtp.broadband.rogers.com) for your outbound email. Later on I got the guy hosting my mail server to change the smtp server from port 25 to port 26 and that also worked. Try any other SMTP server from Bell, Rogers, Cogico etc and it will work. The inbound server info must be from your mail server..  Gmail, Hotmail etc.  accounts have autodiscover and autoconfig thats why just userid and password work.  Most private servers dont have this setup.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Cannot setup my work email account "unable to find connection information. Please use advanced setup"

Does your work email support POP/IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync? Previous blackberrys were able to use Outlook Web Access but the Z10 does not support this. (Assuming your work uses Exchange)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wilden160
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

hi,

I am having the same problem. My work uses exchange activesysnc (whatever that is?) and doesnt support pop/imap.  My Z10 will nottalk to the mail server when all the correct info is put in and get the same 'username...password incorrect' message. I gave the phone to our IT department and he struggled for 40 minuetes to no avail.

Mail from work is very important to me and dont know how i will cope if cant access it anywhere.

Love the phone but alot of problems at moment...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tarekb12

Thanks for the reply.  I finally managed to get my email working through exchange activesync.

as for running Blackberry Link on my work PC it gives me the below errors

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clrjit.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system adminstrator or the software vendor for support.

Unable to load Jit Compiler: (clrjit.dll) file may be missing or corrupt. Please check or rerun setup.

looked it up in other posts and it seems to be a 64 bit issue but couldnt find a solution

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eng_hals
My Carrier: STC

Hi, I have same problem , my company use exchange server but all employees set up Webmail on their phone , my old blackberry torch work fine as it support Bis also all my colleague can set up their iPhone through touch down and also android phones through maildroid software so what shall we do with Z10 , please we need real solution as I am so upset that I can not my work mail, we need to have software to get our work e-mail
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Eng_hals, have you spoken to your work IT to get the settings you need in order to set your email up? Both the android and iOS clients you've mentioned support ActiveSync so I assume your employer does support it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tarekb12

Eng_Hals,

you need to go to your BB 10 settings, click on Accounts then Add Account then at the bottom click on Advanced.  Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and let your IT guys fill in those details.  It worked right away for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eng_hals
My Carrier: STC

I did this and also contact IT and they said that that BB10 does not support Webmail which all of us use
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Eng_hals, if you are referring to Outlook Web Access then this is correct yes as I have stated before. 

Have you discussed with your IT whether they allow IMAP, POP or Exchange ActiveSync to your work email? 

Given they have iPhones and Android OS phones connecting I assume one of these protocols must be in use? 

But remember.... at the end of the day, it is up to your employer to decide which devices they allow to connect to their infrastructure and you should always bare this in mind when spending your own money on a phone to use for work. 

Please use plain text.