Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
davidbromley
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot turn off sound alarm in Blackberry protect

I tried the blackberry protect . I initated the sound if the unit is lost or misplaced . My phone started making a sound  which was good but then I could not turn it off. I tried to cancel on the web site on the cancel button but it did not work. Eventually I had to take the unit off of blackberry protect and take the battery out. How  do you turn the sound off without removing the battery?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Cannot turn off sound alarm in Blackberry protect

Hi davidbromley,

Can you please tell me how long your BlackBerry smartphone continued to ring? By design it should ring for one full minute before stopping.

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbromley
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, it did turn off the the third try  after one minute. Hopefully that is all it was.  I have not tried it again. Thank you for getting back to me.

One other point I was hoping you could help me with is the use of twitter on the blackberry 10 app. When I go to the bottom of the page and click "compose" it has the "to" at the top of the page and "message" in the center.  I put in @blackberryhelp in the "to" box and then the space for the mesaage disappeard and I cannot send anything. I then tried  "compose" again and the "To" came up at the top and the "message" box in the center so I typed a message first  and then put in @blackberryhelp in the "to" box. However it will not let me send the mesaage. What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey davidbromley ,

After you enter @BlackBerryHelp in the To field, are you clicking the Submit button? Once you click Submit, the username should be added to the To field and your message box should re-appear.

Cheers.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Pressing the button to turn the volume down once will turn off this sound.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

davidbromley wrote:

One other point I was hoping you could help me with is the use of twitter on the blackberry 10 app. When I go to the bottom of the page and click "compose" it has the "to" at the top of the page and "message" in the center.  I put in @blackberryhelp in the "to" box and then the space for the mesaage disappeard and I cannot send anything. I then tried  "compose" again and the "To" came up at the top and the "message" box in the center so I typed a message first  and then put in @blackberryhelp in the "to" box. However it will not let me send the mesaage. What am I doing wrong?

If you are doing this from the hub you are initiating a DM (Direct Message.) It is part of Twitter's functionality that in order to send a DM to somebody you must both be following each other. This is for anti-spam / privacy reasons. This way you cannot directly message someone you don't know (say Snoop Dawg for example.) In order to send someone a DM you would need to follow them and they in turn would also have to follow you.

If you are composing from within the Twitter app, you are merely mentioning someone in your Tweets and this is allowed for non-followers.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.