If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Cant delete grey/white images in "Picture Folder"

I have no idea where these came from, but I have 8 images in my picture folder, that I cannot delete. They are simply either white or grey background images of nothing. They say they are "png" image files when I go into my blackberry link, and as I say, I dont know where the heck they came from. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of these, as just when I think my phone is starting to work better, something else stupid happens.IMG_00000043.png

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Skegg
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cant delete grey/white images in "Picture Folder"

Do you have Kindle installed? I had this same problem when I was running on 10.0. I could delete them, but as soon as I opened Kindle, they reappeared. I installed 10.1.0.273 on Tuesday, and ever since this problem is gone.
Please use plain text.
clnock1
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2

I've got the same issue. Installing 10.1.0.273 has not resolved this for me.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akaaka

Hey James, did you find a solution to that problem? I just encountered it too. Contacted blackberry help on twitter and they are suggesting I contact my carrier.

Anyone, Help!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

I would suggest going into file manager and trying to delete them. Or turn mass storage mode OFF. Plug your phone into PC. And select your phone from my computer. Go into pictures and try deleting them from there. If you can't see them on the PC. Select folder options on the PC and show hidden. As there might be a hidden icon preventing you from delete on your phone. Delete it on the PC.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akaaka

hey Craig! Thank you so much for the response. I tried what you suggested and i still cant delete them. I found the folder they are supposed to be in and like you suggested, it might be hidden. Tried to unhide it but my efforts were to no avail. :smileysad:

I will keep trying but soon as i have time, i will just go to service provider and get the "why are you using a blackberry instead of an iphone or galazy" lecture! *rolling my eyes* :womanmad:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

Well when I was using a Galaxy it happened to me all the time. An Android app was somehow spilling every image in it's own library into my pictures folder. Hundreds of them. It is far far more likely that such a thing is happening here, than it being a result of the native OS. I don't know if 'OI File Manager' (an Android port from BlackBerry World) will let you change the permissions on them, but you could try it. Valid system files should cause an 'access denied' type response, but be safe.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akaaka

So i made the mistake of going to my service provider! OMG! They wouldn't even touch my phone! One would think the phone had leprosy! The service was appalling as expected and all i got was if it was an iphone or a galaxy, maybe we could help! But none of us use a blackberries! Try another store! 

Running out of options! :smileysad:

@ Simmo - Your suggestion sounds so technical. I might have found what you were suggesting but am scared to delete anything just in case it might affect the entire phone operation! Do u think you can maybe give me a step by step guide?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Simmo-
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

I'd love to be able to help you aka but I do know that there are 'symlinks' and such on the native OS and that deleting these can cause data loss. There's a BlackBerry 10 Device Software section on this board where someone may be better able to assist you if you post your query there. Someone may have encountered a similar issue to that which you're describing. I'm certainly no expert in these matters and I do hope someone can help you resolve the issue. All the best!
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
akaaka

Hey all! Its sorted! I ended up calling blackbery support and we determined that since the images were saved on my device, i had no choice but to run a security wipe. With the Help of Blackberry Link, the process was not as tedious as i thought it would be because i thought it would take some time to customize my phone. But all i had to do was back up using Blackberry Link, run security wipe and once done, restore and thats its! I am back in business! :womanvery-happy::Clap::Punk::Sorcerer:::smileywink:

Please use plain text.