Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
docgonzo
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Cant send Facebook messages from the hub

Hi,

I can recieve Facebook messages to my hub, but when I reply my message dissapears and it shows I am sending a blank message with a red block and white clock next to it(where the check mark or delivery sign would be to the left).  If I leave the hub and come back theres no trace of me trying to send a message.

Also when it tries to send it always shows the same time, 7:45pm Dec 31, 1012.

Anyone else here have this problem or know how to fix it?

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cant send Facebook messages from the hub

Hello docgonzo and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To clarify, your data and time is showing as Dec 31 1012? Or when you go to send a Facebook message you are seeing that as the date?

Under Settings>Date and Time check to ensure the device date and time is accurate. 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or the mobile network when you go to send the message? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
WesW

I had this happen yesterday where the reply function through the hub froze.  I could not send the response back nor could I exit the frame.  I could peek while holding my finger on the screen but as soon as I lifted my finger it sprang back to the Facebook Message Hub routine and was stuck there.  Couldn't respond, couldnt go back, had to exit completely and respond through Facebook.  Today I have tested it a few times and it HAS NOT done the same thing again...yet the type written responses on my end are not in the text box they are lower a bit and the line of the text box goes through my text.  Formatting error today.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm not sure if it will help in this case but you can reset the hub by doing 5 diagonal swipes from the top right corner of the hub into the hub. Can't hurt to try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
docgonzo

Thanks for the welcome hmthepirate,

I see I worded it wrong, its the time stamp on my facebook message in the hub, when I send a message it goes into the chat box but my message is deleted, and the time in my chat bubble in the hub says 'Sun, Dec 31 19:45'

The time and date is correct on my Z10.  It is set to automatic and all other messages go through fine with the correct time and date.

What is happening to my facebook is the same as this thread about twitter http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/cant-reply-to-Twitter-DMs-via-the-hub/td-p/215...

Thanks John_Clark, I tried the reset but I am getting the same results.

New Contributor
docgonzo

Ah I just figured it out. I have a lot of messages from people I never added to my friends list (I'm not big on adding people or keeping up with my facebook). Only when I reply to someone that is not a friend my message does not go through, just responded to some messages from 'friends' through the hub and it works no problem, just cant write people back that aren't on my friends list. Which I guess is still a problem? Well for me it is... I dont want to allow them into my personal world :smileytongue:
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If the person isn't on your friends list, their Facebook privacy may not allow non friends to message them (that's how I have my privacy set up).

Glad to hear you're able to send messages to your friends :smileyhappy: Isn't that what's most important?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
docgonzo

Haha yeah good point, and thanks for the help man!

Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have a more serious problem, that being , is that I sent a facebook message while in the Hub, and the same message sends itself every half hour to my facebook contact, over and over and over again. A day later, its still sending the same message. There is no messages showing in the Hub in my sent folder, but I cant stop it from sending itself.