Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
shuvav
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Cant send Pictures in smaller size format.

CRITICAL:  You cant control the image size for pictures when sending as attachements in email. In previous Os 6 & 7 you could select, "smaller, mide size, large or original". These options are gone.

Help please

Please use plain text.
Kenroc
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cant send Pictures in smaller size format.

Doesn't seem possible, I've been trying all morning.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

here is a workaround that maybe will help you.

in the pictures app, view the picture, then edit it.
then use the transform tool, free transform, to resize it, then save a copy and send that copy.
But it is different from your need of course, since you cannot know for sure what the size will be in the end without trial and errors.

I am not sure this is a critical issue?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shuvav

This is critical because of I use the photos all the time and need to email them as attachments. If there's no fix I am sending the phone back. Does BlackBerry read these forums?

Why in the world would they remove this basic function. How many mistakes will blackberry make.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Why shrink them? Just send them... I hate when people send me photos that look like thumbnails on my PC!! :smileyvery-happy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shuvav

Who wants to send 10 photos that's over 12MB in size??

I agree that thumbnails are no good, but even a photo at 200k is suitable for 8x11" in size.

This is just plane stupid on BlackBerry to remove things like this. I will say now, BlackBerry is going down. It's sad, they can't get things right. I have been using them since 2001, this will be the last phone I use from them.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

My personal opinion is that I don't mind sending 12MB pictures.
It can be a problem if you have a small data plan or are in an area without Wifi/3G, but apart from that it is not an issue.

That being said, before using a hammer on your Z10, you can find a partial solution by looking at the pictures app on BlackBerry World.
Maybe you'll find one that does exactly what you want (browse for pictures, choose one, then resize & email in a click).

If you have already decided to return your Z10, then don't look into Blackberry World, it's no use. :smileywink:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

You do realise this this is essentially version 1.0 of the BB10 OS, and that they haven't "removed" anything from it, right?

I am 99% sure that we'll see this functionality added to BB10 in the future, if you want to make sure that this type of thing is put into the OS:

1) Post a message here requesting the feature (not a "THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING, I'm having a hissy fit crying on the floor (like my 2.5 yr old) type of post.) Let's face it.. not being able to resize an image is not "CRITICAL." Critical is when your phone can't make a phone call, or you can't send an email, or your battery won't charge at all.

2) Send them a Tweet asking for the functionality.

3) Call your carrier and ask them where the functionality is, this WILL get to Blackberry, and your carriers have the power to make things happen!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
balfas
My Device: Forced to use a 9900 because the Z10 sucks

[ Edited ]

Wow amazing!! So anyone that uses their blackberry to send multiple photos in an email is FORCED to send actual file sizes.

Where is the old Dialogue for image size (Original, Large, Medium, and small)?

Hmm - Z10 camera only takes full size images (not a bad thing)

But are you ready to send an email with multiple photos at say 10MB-25MB size. (when you are roaming??)

Another example of how blackberry took a properly functioning task from old OS and completely FORGOT to keep it in the OS for BB10

How did Beta testers miss ALL of the small things that are missing on the new OS?

Wake up Blackberry!!!

(Keeping in mind that i switched from a 9900 to a Z10 and even a inter-blackberry device migration failed and continues to fail - no calendar entries made it over - Tech support is stumped 12+ days after getting the phone)

- Ringtones - all or nothing for volume

- Profiles and customization - Old OS was better than any phone on market - new OS worse than any phone on market for personalization

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theclyde
My Device: 9800, PlayBook

... and I hate it when people send me an 8mb 4000x3000 picture when a 50kb 800x600 will do

Please use plain text.