Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jfrank57
My Device: Z10

Cant send email after software update 10.0.10.85

Email send and receive was working perfectly for early Z10 adopters at our company (SMTP / POP / IMAP, no BES). However, after the firmware update to version 10.0.10.85, sending email stopped working. In checking the logs on our email server, we found that our Z10's are correctly authorizing to the SMTP server but the connection then fails with an invalid linefeed error.

According to our mailserver vendor (Ipswitch Imail), this has to do with  RFC 2822 Section 2 which specifically states that bare LF characters are not allowed. We are not experiencing the same problem with Gmail or AOLmail.

Again, the Z10's did work with the initial firware release and failed after the firware update. Nothing was changed on our mail server in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Re: Cant send email after software update 10.0.10.85

Hey now we are getting somewhere, finally someone that can put some technical details to a major problem. I ran into the same problem as soon as I did the OS update. I have two Domains with emails on both and need them everyday and we need help.
Contributor
plhmcb
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I also have an issue with my emails AFTER the software update, but my problems are slightly different than yours.  My Telus account works fine until I try sending an attachment (it can receive).  It shows the clock icon alternating with the sending icon even if I leave if for hours.  My live.ca works perfectly.  

I called Telus tech support yesterday and they discovered their two Z10 had the same problem (but with Gmail) while working on my problem.  Weird your Gmail works and theirs doesn't. They could not solve the problem so they sent a fix ticket to Blackberry.  Telus phoned me today asking if the problem persists (it does) and that they had many complaints about the same problem.  They also repeated that the fix ticket was sent to Blackberry.   I'm sure the complaints are going to mount and Blackberry tech support dept. is going to get very busy in the next while.

New Contributor
iwamas
My Device: z10

same problem here... only difference is that my update was 10.0.10.82

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Yes there is lots of what one guy told me on here I just troll and Rant....lol but we have problems and this being a huge issue. every time you post to an article it goes to the top of the first page so scan through the post and reply to any one with email problems. A lot of them are mine
New Contributor
iwamas

6 threads on this topic in this forum and numerous other threads at crackberry and other sites... and not one responxe from Blackberry support?  This is seriously messed up

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

I agree. Nothing from BlackBerry. They launch this piece of **bleep** in the States and they are **bleep**ed. This forum should be filled with excited users but no it is a place to rant about one big piece of **bleep**. BlackBerry WE NEED HELP
New Contributor
jfrank57

I see that K-9 Mail has recently become available on App World. On a lark, I decided to give it a try and guess what?... It works just fine. It receives and sends mail exactly the way any native email client should.

I have an idea for you BlackBerry. Since you appear to be unable to resolve the mail sending issue, and since K-9 Mail is open source, why not download and incorporate their source code into your own mail client, (with proper attribution of course). It would save you the trouble of figuring out for yourselves what you broke in the last firmware update and we would get the fully functioning email we've all become accustomed to on our Blackberry devices.

Ok, sarcasm off. Guys, I really want to love this phone and you know I'm pulling for you, but I can't send email from my Blackberry and right at the top of this thread is the reason why. If nothing else, a Blackberry MUST do email properly! Are you working on this? Throw us a bone here!

New Contributor
MisterD

Exact same problem after installing 10.0.10.85 only in my case can't respond to any email where there is an attachment or embedded image in the received email (received emails with none send fine). Also can't send new outgoing email with an attachment either (without attachment is ok). Make the device useless - especially irritating as I use it for business purposes. Where is Blackberry on this issue???

Contributor
plhmcb
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I have been waiting for BlackBerry to fix the problem with Telus for over two weeks now. I called Telus last week and they said BlackBerry has not fixed the problem. I am waiting patiently for the fix but cannot believe BlackBerry has still not resolved the problem as they roll out their phones worldwide. The problem is just going to get bigger. I am a BlackBerry fan but silly basic problems like this is what drove customers to other brands. It will happen again if simple basic email problems cannot be fixed in a timely manner.