Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

mhnoaln13
My Device: Z10

Cant sync new Z10 to old BB desk top or BB protect. Wiped my previous phone. HELP!

so i go buy the new Z10. i wipe my 9900.  before i wipe it i sync it to my PC and also back it up with black berry protect.

When i go to sync my Z10, its not compatible to my desktop softward. so i download BB Link.  Link doesnt have my old phones info though. 

The blackberry protect icon doesnt allow me to restore my device.

Any one have any solution to my problem!?!?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
613Sunbeam
My Device: BBZ10 STL100-3

Re: Cant sync new Z10 to old BB desk top or BB protect. Wiped my previous phone. HELP!

[ Edited ]

Did the exact same thing because provider said desktop software is all the same.....:smileyfrustrated:....Good thing you backed up first.....I reinstalled the software and backup on old phone....then tried transfer that way.....ended up just entering it all manually as nothing worked.....At least i could backup the old phone and have the info.....The transfer process from old phone to z10 is not the best....If you can save all contacts to sim card , that should transfer more easily.....And besides all that, the bb protect backups don't work on the z10.....I do like this phone very much though.:Yes:

Please use plain text.