Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Categories where did they go?

BlackBerry has not resolved any of our issues and if I am not mistaken this is their maiden journey with there new OS and Z10. I agree they where sailing right along as far as I was concerned right up to a week ago despite what the markets showed and what everyone one else was saying. I would argue up and down there was nothing like a BlackBerry. Now I am getting off topic again.
Now back to CATEGORIES. Can you suggest another way to categorize your contacts? I am a custom home builder and I keep all my sub trades in one category and potential purchasers in another and purchasers in another. When I need to call up a purchaser to look at their option list I would click on my menu hit filter and choose purchaser. This is all gone. Can you imagine a Real Estate agent who has all his contacts categorized and now they are all in one big mess.
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Let me ask you (only because you've already said you're taking the Z10 back and getting an iPhone tomorrow, and because I've helped you in a number of threads I think), if I take the time on this you're asking, will you even  have the z10 in 24 hours?

You really seem unhappy with it. I understand. You need a device you'll be happy with.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

I know it's pretty hard to actually help me when things are just not there but I will grant you one thing you have really tried and I am sorry if I got a little ugly at times but I am a huge fan of BlackBerry and there us no doubt they have let down the blackberry faithfuls. I will hold onto my Z10 for another day for you and I really don't want to see it go. Maybe you can get me a big job with BlackBerry and we can go over the OS before they make a big mistake and launch it in the States. I said to someone today its like everyone sitting waiting for GM to bring out there new Corvette that everyone has been waiting for and you finally get yours and you sit in it and there is no Radio, no Air and when you say to GM you always have always included these great options and there reply. THERE GONE

I don't work for BlackBerry... I might could get you a pint of BlackBerrys from my garden next summer if you'd like? lol

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

It gets worse. If you add notes to the contact notes field, it won't even find that in a universal search. If you try to search by a contact last name only or a part of the contact name, it wont' find it. BB10 has become a very unproductive device with this new OS. Not to mention the bugs that plague it and the missing features that were all present up until OS7
Trusted Contributor

I know now I find out when I activate a voice command to make a call it says it cannot find the contact mean while it spells it out perfectly. What's with that?
Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

That can happen as well if you're on a BES and the workspace is locked.  I see this often while driving and I'm using handsfree with voice command over bluetooth.  Very inconvenient and I removed myself off the BES because of it.

Trusted Contributor

I am not on anything. It is not even close sometimes like this morning I went to call my son which starts with S and it wanted to call someone in my T's. Well let's hope that they have a very large update and real soon. They have to something before the American launch. Or they will sink.

lesedwards wrote:
 Or they will sink.

There you go again.

This is a user-to-user support forum. Do you need help in the forum, or just going to continue your previous rants about BlackBerry? Really, it's your privilege to rant if you'd like, but just know most of the more helpful users will only stay away from your threads when you continue to make comments like this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

No one can help but BlackBerry's with a great update.