Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10

Change Font Size inside a message

The font size inside an e-mail is too small for my old eyes.

I can change the font size for menus/titles in Settings/Display (it is now set to 10) but that has no impact inside of a message.

Any chance there is an option that I am missing.  Pinch to zoom is not a workable alternative.

Thanks!

NJZ10 (aka NJBlackBerry)

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Change Font Size inside a message

[ Edited ]

I have just changed the font size for the whole device (indeed in settings >> display), and setting it from 8 to 10 did increase the size of the fonts that display the emails, for emails that are in plain text.

Maybe your issue comes from the way the email was redacted.

Is this HTML email ? From which company?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I have seen the same behaviour on mine and others have reported it to me, as well. Subscription emails from this very forum are almost too small to read with no way to increase the font size.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
NJZ10

Very, very few of my e-mails come in plain text.  That is so old school :-)

I simply can't read the e-mails as you can't change the font size.  I can't read them without reaching for my reading glasses.  The font is tiny.  So is the font on the lock screen.  No option to change that either.

But I can read my e-mails on my other smartphone, and that's a problem.

Oh well.  Could be a show stopper for me.

Thanks!

Guru I
Xandrex

NJZ10, can you try changing the font size of your browser?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Browser font size has no effect on the message font size. I've tried. Nothing does. If you're 20 it's no problem. If you're over 40, it's a problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
Xandrex

I'm in my 30s and it is a problem to me already indeed. I think Opera Mini had the same issue in past versions, it is probably the px/pt ratio that is too low for the HTML viewer in the messages app. :-(

A mere "!important" CSS rule should do the trick but unfortunately users cannot do that.

Krash

Totally agree - we're testing the phone which overall is great but the email body font size is a REAL problem. It's fine when I have my glasses on but otherwise I can't read a thing and the zoom keeps scrolling off the page so I keep having to go back and find and re-open the email. We have 70 sales people with the 9800 - I'm not sure if this will work for us... 

Guru I
John_Clark

Yep. After a month with the device it is still my biggest issue with the device.
markm1111

Has anyone got an update on this? I was just provided with a Z10, and it seems to be not too bad apart from this issue. If there isn't going to be some sort of update and fix for this then the Z10 wil be going back.