Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Changing Device Name gets error message

Hi there, I am not sure if this is the right place to log bug?  I don't see any bug reporting feature on z10 device similar to the older versions of the OS, I'll have to raise this issue here.

I went into my device settings - 'About' to change the devcie name to a more user friendly description.  The default upon registering on Rogers was 'BLACKBERRY-54A8' for my device.

I attempted to change to 'Mike z10' and upon attempting to save I get the following error "Invalid Device Name - You have chosen an invalid name.  A devcie name must be alphanumeric, and can contain '-' and '.', but not as the first or last characters, and the '.' may only be used as part of a qualified domain name.'

I don;t believe I am violating any of the above statement, however, It will not let me save?  I think this might be a bug?

Mike

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Changing Device Name gets error message

Try without a space.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Changing Device Name gets error message

That worked.  Thanks!

Might be a suggestion to state in the error message that the name is to not contain any spaces as it does not currently state that.