Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Changing language mid-SMS

Was recently writing a text message to go to someone in France and decided to change language mid-way through doing it. Z10 through a fit and randomly linked a lot of unrelated people in my contacts. Had to spend best part of an hour going through each one and deleting these links. Happened a couple of weeks ago prior to OS update.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Changing language mid-SMS

Hey DerekB9,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the reply.

You stated this was happening prior to an OS update, is the issue still on-going after the update?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 are you currently using?  This can be found by going to Settings>About.

Do you get the same result if you're composing an email?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Changing language mid-SMS

Hi, I'm using BB Z10 Model number STL100-2. I haven't dared try doing this again since it took me so long to fix to my contacts. I simply don't want to run the risk of it happening again, so will be avoiding it, but felt it was worth reporting. BTW the OS update has fixed other minor bugs including the phone freezing when locked such that one couldn't swipe up to unlock it, instead it had to be shut down and rebooted - thank you. Sorry can't be of more help. DerekB9