Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: CityPhone

Clear BBM Chat / Conversations History

Would like to clear the chat history in for a BBM contact. There is an icon at the bottom of the vertical BBM menu bar with an option to "end Chat" with a garbage can symbol next to it. Selecting this icon simply closes the BBM chat window and the complete chat history remains. No problems erasing chat history with BB Bold. Z10 software problem or bug?

Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Clear BBM Chat / Conversations History

Hi StephenMcAllister,

when you are in BBM under the chats heading, swipe from the top down and it will reveal additonal options. Select settings and at the bottom, you will see the option to save/delete chat history. I hope this helps.

New Contributor

Thank you for this - when I swipe from top, while in "BBM chat mode" I keep getting the "system settings" for "settings", rotation lock, bluetooth, wi-fi, alarm and notifications. Can not generate another BBM menu by swiping from the top. I must be doing something wrong?

S

Contributor

Should have been more specific. This does not work in the Hub. Open the BBM app on its own and it will work.

Please let me know.
New Contributor

It worked - thank you very much.

S

Contributor

You are welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.
Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

But that clears Everyone's history. What if I want to delete one person's only.

This is a bug cause when I press end chat button the popup says "if you end the chat, all messages will be deleted" they don't delete, so that makes no sense.
My Device: bbm app
My Carrier: Mobile data

Ermmm, if you go into the settings, swipe to chat then save chat history and activate the "off" button.
Go to your chat list,long hold the contact you want to delete his/her chat....some options will pop up then click on "end chat" it then prompts you to cancel or delete...so DELETE.