Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Putty
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Clear recently viewed and recently added photos?

[ Edited ]

Please tell me there is a way to remove these.  That whole section is useless, IMO.  If there is no way to remove these, is there a 3rd party app available to view photos/videos?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Clear recently viewed and recently added photos?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Nope...that is WAD -- Working As Designed. But you could I suppose just use the native File Manager...for folders containing pictures / videos, it will show you thumbnails of them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Putty

Thank you! Hopefully an update with a clear option shows.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LaffBerry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I find this feature very undesirable. I admit that I have friends that send me some questionable pictures and have even taken some pictures they shouldn't have with my phone while "checking it out" but I didn't realize how this would linger around indefinitely. I am confident that there are others that are displeased with this oversight and could change their decisions to take a photo they may not want around for the lifetime of the device. This new BB10 model has a much improved camera with overdue features but this is a huge disappointment and something one would think is a standard feature to clear out recent files. Now myself and others have to not allow others to check out the phone (which is a good part of free Marketing) or be prepared to explain yourself and the photos that cannot be removed.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I just open up 30 pics to clear out the list

not great to do but at least it clears out the ones I dont want shown

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LaffBerry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just opened 30 and 90% pushed their way out. I opened another 30 then another 30 (all different pix stored on the phone) and a few of the unpopular pictures still remain. That was a great suggestion and would have been a half-fix solution but didn't work 100%. I can even highlight the file by holding down on the picture but when I choose DELETE the file remains. What a severe inconvenience this is becoming.

Please use plain text.
astjr1

If you goto the File Manager Tile and open it, you can then search for the offending images or Gifs.  Tap the magnifing glass image at the bottom of the File Manager app and enter T for Tumblr, J for Jpeg, G for Gifs, P for Photo, and I for Imange.  This will list all of those file located anywhere on the device, and allows for discrete deletion.  You will have to choose to search the device or the memory card.  Good luck.

Al

Please use plain text.