Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

CoPy AnD paste

How do I copy and paste content from email, websites,

Etc on BB10

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: CoPy AnD paste

Easy depending on where you are - hit the three little dots at the bottom right of the screen and a sidebar menu opens. The icons in the menu are not the most intuitive so move your finger around and descriptive text appears. However don't try to paste phone numbers into the phone app. That functionality does not seem to be there yet.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

With Z10, sometimes you don't need to cut/paste anymore.

From the browser, if you want to send the URL to a BBM contact, hit the 'share' icon, select BBM, and select the contact. URL appears in the BBM message window ready to hit send.

If you want to cut words from a message or something: touch and hold the word, the word will highlight with little sliders on each end, move the sliders to include what you want. then tap the selected text. The side menu will appear with a copy icon (two pages) or a share icon.

If you select share, the menu to share with what will come up.

If you  hit the copy icon it is copied to a buffer. Now go to where you want to paste it. Touch and hold where you want to paste and the side menu should come up with a paste icon (same two page icon).

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Phase you found a way to post into the phone app?

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

Thanks.

I played around with it and see how it works now. (similar to the playbook)

Appreciate it.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes you do need to copy and paste.  There's no option to copy the url of the current web page?????

I copy and paste URL into email all the time.  The 'share' option is nice, but for email it inserts it into a new email.  I'd imagine most people would be insering an email into an existing conversation.

I don't understand why there would be a COPY option.  Everything seems designed to send the URL into another application, but not into whatever part of the application you're actually using.

I'll keep looking around, as perhaps i'm missing something.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: AT&T

That was very helpful, thank you