Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
muratcolakoglu
My Device: Not Specified

Company Name not showing in incoming calls

I have sync my BB Z10 contacts with my gmail account. I have got all the contacts on my phone, but when anybody calls me from my contact list, I can see the name but don't see the company name.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Company Name not showing in incoming calls

Hey muratcolakoglu,

Thanks for the post.

The company name will not appear when you receive an incoming call.  I am not sure if this feature will be available in the future.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
muratcolakoglu
My Device: Not Specified

This is not acceptable. Company name should be available in the future.

tequy
My Device: Z 10

Please get this done it is a simple feature and very useful!!!

It is amazing what Blackberry has done with the Z10 but please stick to the features that already were integrated in the OS7 devices...

eddychew
My Device: Z10

how can it not have this? such a big screen, you cant show the company name? I have got 15 Mr. Tan in my phone, and I have no freaking idea who is calling.. please get this fix!

Contributor
dreggen

Workaround: use company logo as picture

But I agree, that info is a must have and there´s no reason not to show this.
Bminutoli

I'm sorry but this is an absolute disgrace. Why on earth have you taken this and so many other feature off the new OS. I was a blackberry man 2 years ago, I then went over to iPhone, once the iPhone 5 came out I swapped over to Samsung, was only there for a couple of months then the announcement came out that blackberry were finally bringing out a new phone to compete with the others. I brought my Z10 last week and I'm sorry but I'm now easy to leave blackberry again and this time I won't be coming back. Why on earth have you brought out a phone that is just competing with the others. You have had time to work on it, you should have been able to blow them out of the water. All you had to do was leave all the existing features on the phone and add all these other new ones that you have got. Blackberry has always been knows as a business mans phone and yes this might not be HIP enough for you and I know you want more the next generation to buy your phones, but your loosing your main customers in the mean time. Something as basic as having the company name that is listed with the particular contact that is ringing you show on the screen while they are ringing is fundamental requirement that you shod have known all you customers would have wanted. Both Samsung and Apple don't offer this option and this was one of you main point of differences and in business this is what you want and need to have point of difference from you opposition. I don't know who has done your market research or what peer groups you have listened too but clearly you have stuffed up. I don't know if anyone with power or better still brain in Blackberry headquarters reads these kind of forums but can I give you one little bit of advise. And this is just from a guy from Australia who just runs a basic small business in the construction industry. I don't have any IT experience I don't understanding or knowledge of how any of this stuff works, but my advise is to simply go to your bottom draw and grab out you last model blackberry before this one came out, then grab the one that came out before that one. Go though them both and wrote down every single feature and option that they had, no matter how small. Then on another page wrote down every little feature and option that this new phone can do. Then compare the list. If there is anything that the old phone could do that the new one can't fix it so that the new one can do it. I don't really care how hard it is or how small it is or if you think no one will really use it. Or even if you think it will be more confusing, so what, put it down as an advanced option if need be. You use to be the number 1 mobile phone company in the market place, you have now lost that mantel and you are trying to win it back. The very first customers that you will be getting back are the ones that you have had before. But when they go to use a feature that they are use to and find they can't do it anymore they are going to be disappointed. No matter how good your new marketing campaign is, word of mouth is still always the number one way of selling a product or worse loosing a market. If your customers don't rave about how good the new phone is then they won't get a positive word of mouth out there like you would like. It is pretty clearly noted that the this new phone will be your last chance of survival. If it doesn't do well Blackberry are as good as gone. Pleas don't wait for a major update, get straight on to this and other issues straight away and realise then straight away. We need to see you are working on this sort of stuff other wise it is way to easy to just pack up and leave. My next stop is a windows phone and then the new google phone if you can get onto this straight away. Regards Ben
belalhussein
My Device: z10

It is also not coming with the 10.1 update!!! Come on BB. Its a business phone!!!