Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

yanceyl
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Company not supporting Blackberry Z10

I'm very disappointed.  I was looking forward to the Z10.  bought it yesterday.  But after spending several hours calling into IT to get it activated on the enterprise server, I learned that my company is not supporting the Z10 and doesn't know if and when it will support it.  So i had to return it and by an iphone. I heard the same thing about another company tonight.  Doesn't look good for Blackberry.  And i loved the phone.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Company not supporting Blackberry Z10

yanceyl wrote:

Doesn't look good for Blackberry. 

I wouldn't worry too much.  As you're probably aware, BlackBerry has got some rather negative press in the past few months.  Many people, thinking that the company would not make a major comeback, have made the jump to other platforms.  Many companies have done so as well.  Now fast-forward to the present.  Have you seen what the press is writing about BlackBerry now?  You'd be hard-pressed to find any negative press surrounding the new Z10.

Once companies see that they made a mistake by jumping ship, many will return.  For this reason, you'll probably be rockin' a new BB10 phone before too long.

One thing you might want to do is contact your IT department and see if they're aware of the new BlackBerry.  I think if they took a hard look at what it has to offer, they'd see that it really makes no sense to have you carry anything else.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mann_Incognito
My Device: 9000, 9700, 9780, 9790, 9900, Z10, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear that, but BB can't be blamed for decisions made by individual companies. The uptake for BES10 is at a record pace and the updates to BES5 ensure the BB10 will run smoothly, it should be pretty easy for your IT department to push all the necessary keys to allow the Z10 onto the network. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Out of curiosity, does your company only offer outlook Web access to the server, if that is not the only access then the Z10 should be able to connect via pop, IMAP or ActiveSync. I believe that even lot is notes via traveller is now able to be connected too.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AKSkier
My Carrier: TELUS

Use Active Sync...not the BES feature.  Mine works fine without BES...if company supports other phones then you can use the z10/BB10 just fine no issues.  All features...go get your z10 back!!  

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix
My Device: Bold 9900 - Q10 - PB64

Hi AKSkier,

What is ActiveSynch? Is it a replacement for the BES?

Could it run on my laptop (Win 7)?

Thanks for the lead

Cheers,

Bernard
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Google "Microsoft exchange ActiveSync" :smileywink:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix
My Device: Bold 9900 - Q10 - PB64

Thanks for the clarification drewread,

I am not a server expert but I guess this is something to buy from Microsoft and it wouldn't fit in my laptop.

Anyway, my future Q10 would need to work properly even if my laptop is not switched on.

If my understanding is OK then this solution wouldn't be for me.

Thanks for your help,

Bye,

Bernard
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

You can buy hosted exchange email accounts from. Online service providers so that you don't have to run your own exchange server.. this is a much less expensive option :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhuhtala
My Carrier: Telus

As the Exec Director for our IT area with 30,000 clients, I can tell you it's no simple thing to offer BES support for these devices yet.  It may seem like a simple thing when people have been buying BB phones for years and activating them on the BES servers, but you have to understand that the BES 10 server is a COMPLETELY new platform.

We have been testing since the day the BES software came out - we had to build all new servers, install the new software as it was going through name changes and configuration changes over the first couple of weeks.  We have 11 issue tickets registered with BlackBerry currently to address issues we've had configuring the software for our environment.  And we have very advanced support staff that have worked with BES technologies for nearly 10 years.  

We have basic functionality working - I'm one of the first pilot users on the sytem and it seems to be working okay, but you really need to give it some time as this is similar to introducing a Windows 8 phone into an evnrionment that's never had it before - new phone, new software, new server platform, new issues...

We plan to have our service available for production in about a month - and we're being very aggressive because we believe this is the best mobile platform out there for a corporate environment.  Even with all the issues we've had, we still firmly believe that...just be patient!  I really hope all the large corporate envrionments are taking the same approach.  

Please use plain text.