Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Company not supporting Blackberry Z10

My phone number is part of the company account. We are activated on the exchange server via ActiveSync. But the IT department told me that a server upgrade is required to support the Z10 and they have not made the decision to do that.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

It's not a small job but it does give much better access to Exchange features, internal file and SharePoint access, security features etc...It was worth it for us. We have thousands to support so it's worth the effort.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

It takes more than a day to solve some situations heck I was a few days at it and instead of complaining about the phone and returning it I used some patience and solved it myself as tech support at my carrier was at a loss.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

@dhuhtala - the question I was answering specifically about using ActiveSync without BES10 which IS possible. Smiley Wink and of course BES gives you more features, that is its purpose. Smiley Happy

My point, which was valid, and is still valid is that if your company is hosting an exchange server with OWA as the sole means of connection.. you are hooped.. UNLESS they turn on POP, IMAP or ActiveSync.. ActiveSync is the best option without BES.

That should answer the OP's question without derailing this topic to a thread that should be in the business BES10 forum. Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy