Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
SilverStone641
My Device: Torch 9800

Complete touchscreen failure

[ Edited ]

Hey guys. So i just got the Z10 yesterday and initially, was loving the phone. Then it started having issues. Whenever it came out of lock, the touchscreen wouldn't respond. I simply pulled the battery and went on with life. Well, 7 battery pulls later and i'm a bit more than frustrated. Suddenly the touchscreen stops reacting altogether. I can't unlock the phone or do anything with it. I left it without the battery overnight, hoping something would change, but alas, it's still a really pretty paperweight. 

I'm currently installing Blackberry Link hoping theres some sort of update that solves this problem. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and found a work-around??

EDIT: I went through the Link software and updated the phone to the latest-n-greatest. Still no touchscreen joy. I'm working on a full factory reset now. 

BES 5.0.3 MR 6 (Bundle 163)
Local SQL 2008R2
CDO.DLL v 6.5.8211.0
Contributor
SilverStone641
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Complete touchscreen failure

[ Edited ]

Just completed the factory reset and the touchscreen works!!!.....until i lock it. As soon i hit lock during the wifi setup, the touch function broke again. I'm about to run yet another factory reset to verify this theory. If true, sounds like a pretty serious software issue and not a hardware one. 

EDIT: Well, that was short-lived. Since the phone is still in the setup phase and i can't touch the screen to actually set it up, the Link software won't interact with the phone. Means i can't even factory reset it any longer. It's truly become a very pretty paper weight. 

BES 5.0.3 MR 6 (Bundle 163)
Local SQL 2008R2
CDO.DLL v 6.5.8211.0
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Complete touchscreen failure

If a battery pull and a factory reset don't resolve the issue, you have to get that phone back to AT&T for a replacement.

Those are the two remedies for an issue such as this one.  If they don't work, the phone is a lemon.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.