Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
joyurpal
My Device: Z10

Connection error whenever I transfer file

Whenever I try to transfer file from my laptop to Z10 through BB Link there is connection error. I did try all sort of solution, can you please suggest as I am unable to transfer any file to Z10.

Thanks and Regards,

Joy

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Connection error whenever I transfer file

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

you got latest version ??

BlackBerry Link v1.2.1.31 (Windows OS)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/BlackBerry-Link-updated-to-v1-2-1-31-Windows-...

BlackBerry Link v1.1.1.39 (Mac OS)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/BlackBerry-Link-updated-to-v1-1-1-39-Mac-OS/m...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joyurpal

Thanks I updated the latest version, but the problem still remains. Unable to copy the files (music, photos, etc) to set from Windows 7 OS (64bit) system through the new version of BB link.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

It could be your PC which might have issues you are unaware of, or it could be BB Link which has many issues.

Uninstall BB Link and install:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

If install is OK, connect phone to computer and launch Device Manager from All Programs, it will appear in the Notification Tray (System Tray) double click to launch.

Expand Connected Devices, expand Volumes, Y is for SD Card if you have one and Z is Device (phone) Memory.

Close Device Manager.

Open a file or picture folder on your computer, click one file or picture to highlight.

Click the Edit Menu on top and click Copy to folder, expand Computer, expand BLACKBERRY Y or Z

Click on destination, click Copy

Hope it works for you! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joyurpal

As stated I have installed the device manager and removed the BB link from the system. But

"Expand Connected Devices, expand Volumes, Y is for SD Card if you have one and Z is Device (phone) Memory" when I expand the connected devices I am unable to expand volume and cannot see any Y or Z device.

What is the problem??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you see Volume then Device Manager is reading your phone, why you cannot expand Volume I do not know.

Check your computer Device Manager, (Control Panel, Device Manager) see if there are any Yellow warnings.

When in Computer Device Manager click View on the Menu and click Show hidden devices.

Tell me what you find,  also open BlackBerry Device Manager, click About and note the BlackBerry Device Manager Version number.

Please use plain text.