Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
waddell1
My Device: Z10

Connections

Hello , I just received a new Z10 and have gone through the process of transferring from my 9700 but can not log on to the internet or BBM other than on wifi. I can receive calls and texts but no data on cellular. Is there a setting I have missed ? I went to my carrier , 3 Australia , but as the phone is so new they had no solutions.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Connections

The BlackBerry z10 needs a specific and correct data service applied in order for it to work. For example you cannot take data plan that will work on an iphone device or andriod device and relate it to a BlackBerry device. You also in some cases cannot take an older BlackBerry OS device data plan and use it with a BlackBerry z10 device. Your carrier needs to place your device on a BlackBerry 10 device data service plan.

Confirm with your service provider has you on a "BlackBerry 10 data service plan". If they confirm the device is on this plan. Reload the the device OS using BlackBerry Link after creating a backup of your device data.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In addition to what Adam stated, make sure they do not have the BIS BlackBerry plan on your account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waddell1
My Device: Z10

Thank you both for your help. I will contact the carrier and let you know how it goes. Regards.

Please use plain text.