Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Contact List

Hi guys,

I used the Device Switch method to take the contact info from my 9700 on to the Z10. But god knows from where, my Z10 picked up all this extra information and emails which I don't think I've used in years. Anyway, after a whole day of just deleting and linking (basically sorting) contact info, I was finally done.

But now I see that the same information has come back to the phone again and the names are not being saved as I save them, but as they are in a person's BBM. Like my mum's name isn't mum, its coming up as her actual name. This is so strange! Please help me solve this issue. Thanks!

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contact List

Hey ecosse,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you have any email accounts setup on the BlackBerry Z10?  Or do you have any wireless contact synchronization enabled?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
amansour
My Device: z10

Sir,

please help, i am not able to move my contacts from my bold 9900 running OS 7.1 to my Z10, i tried using Link but it did not work, tried with Bluetooth but it did not send the complete list. I have 1817 contacts on my Blackberry

Contributor
ecosse

ViciousFerret wrote:

Hey ecosse,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you have any email accounts setup on the BlackBerry Z10?  Or do you have any wireless contact synchronization enabled?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

Hi Vicious, I do have some email accounts synced to my Z10 like Gmail and my work email. But I do not have any wireless contact sync enabled. It's strange because its picking up my BBM contact names as the main name in the contact even though it should not be like that.

playenfast

Hello all. i finally got my contacts to sync wirelessly between my 9810 and my yahoo contacts. Now i want this list to replace the list on my Z10. Is there a way to delete the existing list on my Z10. i tried so many ways to load my contacts on the z10 that my current list on the Z10 is messed up.

Regular Contributor
amansour

The best way I tried to move my contacts from my bold to my z10 was a software called InTouchApp, and the only way to clear all your contacts is a security wipe as I found out.
Contributor
ecosse

None of these comments really answer the question, so what is the point of them? They are asking the exact same question as I already did.

If someone has the answer to my problem, please do help me out! Thanks!