Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ralberg
My Device: Z10

Contact present in Contacts but not when I search in phone

I use ActiveSync with Exchange. I have a large number of contact records. Several of them can be found when I search my Exchange Contacts folder on my computer and also when I search Contacts on my Z10. However, when I go to Phone / Contacts and search these contacts are not found. They have telephone numbers in in the record.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution so the record can be found when I search from Phone as opposed to Contacts?
Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contact present in Contacts but not when I search in phone

Hey ralberg,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you setup on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server?  If so, this KB article will explain why the work contacts are not appearing in the phone application: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33743

If you add a personal contact on the BlackBerry Z10, can you find it in the phone application?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ralberg
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply.

I am using ActiveSync.  The vast majority of my contacts work fine.  And it is not that the contact is not there.  It is that the affected contacts can be found from the Z10 Contacts application but not when one uses the list/search in the Phone application.  So the contact is in the Z10 but something has gone wrong.

I edited the contact using Outlook and resaved it several times.  The changes always came through to the Contacts application so the phone is sync'ing.  After several saves the contact became visible with a Phone search.

There is obviously an issue somewhere - either with something in the record / how it has been saved or with the Z10 software.  I was hoping someone else had run into it and identified both the cause and the fix.  Obviously if I know that the records is on my phone I can find it from Contacts and make the call from there.  So it is not a fatal problem - just frustrating.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gp158
My Device: z10

I'm having the same issue with all of my contacts (Gmail, outlook.com, Facebook, etc). They show fine in the Contacts app but are not found by Search or when creating an email. I've had no problem for 2 month but suddenly yesterday this started.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gp158

Oh, to your question, the Phone app, like email just says No Contacts. Search finds nothing but if I swipe right, it says "Something went wrong" under Contacts and if I select that it says "There was a problem getting results from Contacts". Restart is suggested but did not help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gp158

Further ... I can no longer modify or delete contacts.  No errors but the changes aren't saved.  I have removed all Contact accounts and have only local contacts.  Surely the contact database is corrupt.  Is there a way to recreate it without resetting the phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbunyanngwiri
My Device: z10 OS v 10.1.0.2312

my contacts have completely disappeared. they re-appear temporarily after a restart or reboot then disappear again. not sure if this is sync issue. they were copied over from my old bold 9700 to my z10 at the vendor store where i got the z10.

Please use plain text.