Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Contact specific tones for text messages

Good morning.  I did a search and couldn't find an answer relating to the new Z10 so thought I'd ask here.  On my old curve, I had unique tones set up for incoming texts from my boyfriend and my son.  I wanted to be able to distinguish those texts from others that weren't as urgent.  I can't seem to set that up on my new Z10.  I can set up unique ring tones and message tones (I thought this was for texts but it is actually for e-mails, which I'm not really worried about).  Is there any way on this phone that I can do this?

It wouldn't have kept me from making the switch to the Z10 but it is the one feature so far that I am actually missing.

Only other complaint is that my data usage has gone WAY up...to the point I'm not sure my plan will be sufficient any longer. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contact specific tones for text messages

This isn't available natively.. yet. We are all hoping that it will be added in a future release, those that can't wait can try an add on App like Hub++ found in BB World.

I am not sure if it does texts or not, so be sure to read the description or ask the developer! Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy