Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Tigris
My Device: Z10

Contacts Deleted??

[ Edited ]

All my contacts that I saved in my phone are missing but one. I discovered this when I checked my text messages and when into a conversation, where it displayed the persons number, rather than the name. I then entered his phone number in contacts along with emails etc etc. Then I noticed that all contacts were missing. Apart from one, and the one I just entered. I have a few stored on my Sim and they show in contacts. 

I have been into setting and all contacts lists are on, and this has not returned any contacts. I backed up 5 days earlier so I restored device data, Application data and Settings, still to no avail. 

My Network is o2, I received a prompt to upgrade the software approx 23/24/08/13, I look on the internet and it was the update for 4g among a few other things. I downloaded and things went as they have before when I upgraded. Swimmingly. But I noticed my messages took much longer to open conversations. I didn't think anything of it. Maybe this update screwed things up. 

I am currently restoring device data to aprox 2 month old application data and settings. I hope this solves it. If so I will update here. But in the mean time any help will be very kind. 

So restoring to 2 month old data didn't work, I restored back to my latest back up. Still no contacts. Other than those mentioned. I have pulled battery and left it out for 5 mins, still no change. 

This sucks, Big Time. 

My 32gb micro SD has all data on it as normal. All PDF are there etc etc, Just Contacts Missing. 

So this morning I reset up passwords for emails and twitter etc etc, noticed I had a few texts and the conversations had the names of the contacts again. I then went into contacts and lo and behold all my contacts are there, including twitter faceable, every single one, from every possible app. 

I don't understand why they have reappeared or where they went, or how it was solved. But so far, 18 months owning blackberry phones, 1st being Pearl 9105, and 2nd being z10, this is how blackberry seems to be.

So I guess you can delete this thread. 

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark

Re: Contacts Deleted??

exactly the same thing happened to me. But when I posted on support forum, I had a snotty reply saying that this was impossible???????????
New Contributor
Tigris

Well. Now my contacts don't disappear anymore. But now when I get a text it won't let me reply to them straight away. Or even see the full message or any previous messages. The wired thing is I have started to use BBM to get around the problem and now nagged my friendd on android and iPhone to get it lol. It never has this problem.
New Contributor
Tigris

If I wait it can be anywhere from 1 min to 45 mins then I can reply on texts. The phone will display the keyboard but no text bar. When I put the keyboard away then the text I have typed is now in the bar in the bottom of the screen. But then I press send and it won't let me. I have given up looking for a solution now. It bugs me greatly. But yet I resist to the temptation of ios or Android. I do wonder why.