Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Contacts' birthdays do not show up on calendar

I am sure this is a bug on the Z10

If I enter the birthday of a contact in the contacts app this never shows in any of the calendars meening I can get no reminder of these.

My FB friends birthdays show up nicely.

What happens if one of my contactst does not have an FB account ? how can I be reminded of their birthdays?

Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Contacts' birthdays do not show up on calendar

Same issue been troubling me....thanks for raising the issue
Contributor

However it seems that no-one knows the answer.

Definitely a bug of BB 10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

liakos wrote:

I am sure this is a bug on the Z10

If I enter the birthday of a contact in the contacts app this never shows in any of the calendars meening I can get no reminder of these.

My FB friends birthdays show up nicely.

What happens if one of my contactst does not have an FB account ? how can I be reminded of their birthdays?

What OS are you running?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Contributor

Contributor
My Device: z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780

Here is the work around I found for this issue, "contact's birthdays not showing up in calendar" consequently it is also the work around for "this calendar does not support participants & an inability to edit events in shared calendars.

I have set up a google docs account for free, search the web on how to do this. A paid google docs account will work also. 

I linked the google docs account and then went back into "settings","Accounts","Add Account", "Advanced" (found at the bottom of the window), "CalDAV" and then entered the credentials for my google docs account again adding the server address

https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/<emailaddress>/events  where <emailaddress> is the Google email address

Then open up the calendar application and swipe down from the top and select "Manage". You'll want to find the active sync calendar (try adding a calendar event, the one that says "this calendar does not support participants") uncheck so that it doesn't show double entries in your calendar view. 

Now you'll be able to see the contact's birthdays in the calendar and be able to add participants.

If you have any shared calendars say with your spouse, you'll likely have double entries in the calendar. one you'll be able to edit the events and one you won't be able to. Deselect the one you don't want to show. 

This is more of a google issue than a Blackberry issue as it has to do with active sync no longer being supported for free accounts. 

I hope this works for you.