Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
wispitzc
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Contacts disappeard in phone app (BDS activated work mail account / Balance not locked)

On a BDS activated Z10 contacts disappear and are not showing up anymore in the phone app / contacts pane.

In the contacts app all work contacts are visible but when I switch to the phone app no contact is now showing up at all.

I have updated to 10.0.10.690 already and completely wiped my device. After reactivating the BDS/EAS mail account the contacts are back visible in the phone app, but suddenly disappeared again!

We have this behaviour here on 3 Z10 devices! BDS is version 6.2.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for any help

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Contacts disappeard in phone app (BDS activated work mail account / Balance not locked)

Hey wispitzc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are aware of the issue and the current workaround is to perform a security wipe and perform the enterprise activation again to resolve the issue.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wispitzc

Re: Contacts disappeard in phone app (BDS activated work mail account / Balance not locked)

Well thank you.

As I said, I have done a security wipe already and the contacts showing  up in the phone app at first.

But suddenly they disappeard again.

Is that a problem with the phone software or a problem with the BDS?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fraso
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Is any workable solution available?  We have the same problem on several Z10. Reinstallation helps until restarting of device. Then the same problem appears again. No business contact in Phone App neither in enterprise nor in personal mode.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wispitzc

I found the reason for our problem:

There is a security policy in BDS called: Personal Apps Access to Work Contacts

This needs to be set to: Only RIM Apps

Otherwise no contacts will show up in the phone app and also the number to name resolution will not work for calls.

Why the phone app relates to personal apps category is confusing to me though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fraso
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Thanks - it's working. Each BlackBerry must be rebooted and then the policy must be re- deployed and then it's working...
Please use plain text.